Sign in to follow this  
Brandon

The Official Houston Asterisks Beanball Tour

11 hours ago, ScottT said:

I think throwing at a batter is a bitch move. Especially when its head high. I hope Joe Kelly gets a fine and suspension. 

If Kelly is fined, I would gladly contribute. The problem is what the Astros did and MLB didn't do.

51 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I enjoyed watching Joe Kelly blow games against the Angels last season, and later in the playoffs. But he's now one of my heroes.

He was already my hero after last year.

I'm honestly on the fence about the Boston-Houston vitriol, because all it did was save the world from the Dodgers. It's like using questionable interrogation tactics to stop a terrorist attack. Or Batman tapping everyone's phones to stop The Joker.

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

No, Ken, it like an 8 game suspension 2/3rds of the way into the regular season. The amount of games that are left to play doesn't change how the suspension should reflect the severity of the offense.

That said, fuck Houston.  

And the Dodgers.

This is the gift that keeps on giving. Dodgers lose two WSs, Red Sox and Astros get asterisks and a bunch of penalties, and now Dodgers are getting suspended.

It's like the Seahawks-Patriots Deflategate Bowl, where we get to laugh at both Pete Carroll and the Pats*. It's as close as you can get to the meteorite scenario, and yet everyone's bitching about it.

8 games is a lot.  I thought it'd be less.

There's no place in the game for crap like that.  Two wrongs.... or forty two wrongs in the case of the Astros.... don't cancel each other out.   MLB warned teams and players they'd face steep consequences. Good to see them follow through.  There are probably a couple pitchers out there that were on the fence about doing something similar.  This is a big deterrent. I love it.

16 hours ago, ScottT said:

That's pathetic.  Baker also said that's what bothered them.

I get being bent if the pitch is up towards the batter's head... but a comment? Waahhhh

Pick a side waffleboy. You’re all over the place in this thread.