Jump to content
  • Welcome to AngelsWin.com

    AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

    Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

    Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member today and you won't see any ads! 

     

IGNORED

Season could be over


Recommended Posts

With covid already getting games canceled we do not know how many games we have left. Simmons hurt put Fletch at SS bench Albert start working Upton at 1B. Bring up Adell so he gets some experience work on his defense before games. Ohtani needs lot of work on mound. When Rengifo healthy put him at 2B trade LaStella as he is FA after this year and will not be back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As a 1B Upton would make a good DH. The lack of depth has been a problem for years. This team is without OF depth when Tyler Ward  and Hermosillo are your backups. 1B should be easy to find, Thaiss is a bust. Personally, I would start working Out  Ohtani at 1B, his incredible athleticism is being wasted At DH.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, TroutCron said:

As a 1B Upton would make a good DH. The lack of depth has been a problem for years. This team is without OF depth when Tyler Ward  and Hermosillo are your backups. 1B should be easy to find, Thaiss is a bust. Personally, I would start working Out  Ohtani at 1B, his incredible athleticism is being wasted At DH.

 

Ohtani at 1st? The dude bails out of the box when a pitch comes anywhere near inside. Imagine him at 1st base with a scorching line drive hit in his direction. I think he’s where he should be and we shouldn’t try to put him somewhere he’s never played. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

With covid already getting games canceled we do not know how many games we have left. Simmons hurt put Fletch at SS bench Albert start working Upton at 1B. Bring up Adell so he gets some experience work on his defense before games. Ohtani needs lot of work on mound. When Rengifo healthy put him at 2B trade LaStella as he is FA after this year and will not be back. 

Upton at 1st base is laughable. He gets late jumps from 220’ away so no. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After Rengifo returns he plays 2nd. LaStella at 1st, Fletcher at SS, Rendon at 3rd. Pujols DH against lefties and that's it, unless LaStella needs a day off.

Ohtani a full-time DH against righties. End the pitching experiment at least for this year.

Trade for a left fielder if Upton continues to suck. Bring up Adell as soon as possible to replace Goodwin.

In the off season, get two or three more quality pitchers. Extend Fletcher and keep him in the leadoff spot for 8 more years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TroutCron said:

As a 1B Upton would make a good DH. The lack of depth has been a problem for years. This team is without OF depth when Tyler Ward  and Hermosillo are your backups. 1B should be easy to find, Thaiss is a bust. Personally, I would start working Out  Ohtani at 1B, his incredible athleticism is being wasted At DH.

 

I agree, Upton to 1B clears spot for Adell

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TroutCron said:

As a 1B Upton would make a good DH. The lack of depth has been a problem for years. This team is without OF depth when Tyler Ward  and Hermosillo are your backups. 1B should be easy to find, Thaiss is a bust. Personally, I would start working Out  Ohtani at 1B, his incredible athleticism is being wasted At DH.

 

Or put Ohtani in right field.  He runs like a deer and his 92 mph fastball should translate into a decent arm (and no movement on the ball is a plus for an outfielder).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

After Rengifo returns he plays 2nd. LaStella at 1st, Fletcher at SS, Rendon at 3rd. Pujols DH against lefties and that's it, unless LaStella needs a day off.

Ohtani a full-time DH against righties. End the pitching experiment at least for this year.

Trade for a left fielder if Upton continues to suck. Bring up Adell as soon as possible to replace Goodwin.

In the off season, get two or three more quality pitchers. Extend Fletcher and keep him in the leadoff spot for 8 more years.

Let Ohtani pitch missed 2 years plus year before he came to halos pitched very few inn in Japan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

With covid already getting games canceled we do not know how many games we have left. Simmons hurt put Fletch at SS bench Albert start working Upton at 1B. Bring up Adell so he gets some experience work on his defense before games. Ohtani needs lot of work on mound. When Rengifo healthy put him at 2B trade LaStella as he is FA after this year and will not be back. 

is-sleeping-around-lepoint-what-you-just

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...