• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Update: Cardinals players, Phillies coach and staffer test positive - 15 Marlins players and two coaches test positive, games postponed

nate

4 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Can you get the virus from someone that is wearing a mask? Unless that person is like sneezing on you up super close, I don't see how 2 people wearing masks can spread the virus if they have it or if one person with the virus wearing a mask can give it to a person not wearing a mask that doesn't have the virus. I see a lot of these players not wearing masks but then again, they are outside. I have a hard time believing the Marlins players got the virus while playing baseball on the field. I think they got it elsewhere because they didn't wear a mask or wash their hands. All speculative of course but that's what makes sense to me.

Yes you can get the virus from someone that is wearing a mask.  the mask helps greatly lessen the possibility though.  For instance, the top of the line is a n95 mask.  That keeps in/out 95% of air flow, problem is it also restricts in and out 95% of oxygen and carbon dioxide.  So if two people are wearing a mask, but one is a super spreader, then even at 6 feet apart, that other person can get it.  Also the players are probably not going to be wearing a n95, and just have on standard masks, because as athletes, they need that flow of oxygen.  

More than likely the spread was probably in the dugout, on the bus, at the team meeting, in the locker, etc.  Especially when we are talking about 13 people getting it.  But it could also mean that they have a super spreader in there, and if so, if a player from another team comes in contact with them, they could get it.  Again, there is no tests yet that say that someone on the Phillies got it, but since it was only announced Sunday and Monday.  My guess is the Phillies players may still be asymptomatic/testing negative or no results have come in yet.  That's the danger of the Phillies still playing, you just don't know who are safe, and who should be out.  

18 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

For instance, the top of the line is a n95 mask.  That keeps in/out 95% of air flow, problem is it also restricts in and out 95% of oxygen and carbon dioxide.

Whooooooa there. That's not remotely accurate. I had an N95 on for like 13 hours the other day. If what you stated was the case, I'd be rather dead right now.

1 minute ago, fishbulb said:

Whooooooa there. That's not remotely accurate. I had an N95 on for like 13 hours the other day. If what you stated was the case, I'd be rather dead right now.

Yeah, there would be quite a few dead surgeons if that was the case.

Please don't spread the oxygen/co2 conspiracy @gotbeer it is entirely untrue and dangerous.

Just now, nate said:

Yeah, there would be quite a few dead surgeons if that was the case.

Please don't spread the oxygen/co2 conspiracy @gotbeer it is entirely untrue and dangerous.

I've been wearing masks for like 12-14 hours a day most days since late March. I've died about 100 times. I'm getting a little tired of it.

7 minutes ago, fishbulb said:

It's not true that it restricts air flow by 95%, even for the hikiest of hikers. Also, what hiker in their right mind would even consider wearing an N95?

I don't even wear a regular mask most of the time hiking.  Just too dangerous in a number of ways.

4 minutes ago, fishbulb said:

I've been wearing masks for like 12-14 hours a day most days since late March. I've died about 100 times. I'm getting a little tired of it.

I have very few opportunities to wear a mask in that I work from home for the majority of my schedule. I drive to an office once, maybe twice a week for about 3 hours but have no face to face contact with anyone. I'm usually in and out of the office earlier than anyone else and have my own private room. 

I have no idea how the logistics works with moving a sports team and their support staff cross States without someone getting infected. Between air and bus travel along with accommodations and interaction with the general public it was bound to happen someone got infected and it travels through the team. 

5 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I have very few opportunities to wear a mask in that I work from home for the majority of my schedule. I drive to an office once, maybe twice a week for about 3 hours but have no face to face contact with anyone. I'm usually in and out of the office earlier than anyone else and have my own private room. 

I have no idea how the logistics works with moving a sports team and their support staff cross States without someone getting infected. Between air and bus travel along with accommodations and interaction with the general public it was bound to happen someone got infected and it travels through the team. 

Of course this was bound to happen.

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

That's the thing.  Unlike the NBA and NHL, for the MLB, it's constantly a bunch of moving targets.  

Add in, MLB players still go home.  So that's another avenue for infection.