• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Update: Cardinals players, Phillies coach and staffer test positive - 15 Marlins players and two coaches test positive, games postponed

nate

Just now, nate said:

That is based off of old guidance.  Before that it was 30 minutes.  Now the amount of time is not listed as a limit.

Source: Weekly conference calls with CDC leadership.

They also originally said everyone should quarantine for 14 days, now they are saying if you came in close contact you should quarantine for three days and then get tested.  If negative you are safe.

Thanks Nate.  That would explain some things.  I wasn’t trying to come across like an asshole, but I knew I had read something and felt like there was a bunch of over reaction to all of this.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Once again, not a hill I am willing to die on, but I just think there are very minimal risk from team to team.  

You are correct that outdoor transmission is extremely rare, which is why the protests didn't lead to massive outbreaks.  However it only takes one person, and since they all end up in a locker room at some point, the risk is higher, and since they are travelling they are coming in contact with a lot more people than the average person.  It isn't just about their safety but the safety of the people they come in contact with.

1 minute ago, nate said:

You are correct that outdoor transmission is extremely rare, which is why the protests didn't lead to massive outbreaks.  However it only takes one person, and since they all end up in a locker room at some point, the risk is higher, and since they are travelling they are coming in contact with a lot more people than the average person.  It isn't just about their safety but the safety of the people they come in contact with.

Yep, as I was looking up information the most recent information online I found (granted I didn’t look for too long) was from June 20th still stating that 6 feet at plus or minus 15 minutes is what is considered close contact.  I would probably limit the use of clubhouse attendants due to exposure.  They can all come in after the team leaves.  They can wear gloves and masks and clean and disinfect the entire clubhouse and it really isn’t going to take very long.  Maybe a couple of hours to disinfect an entire clubhouse.  But like you said the fact that it doesn’t really live on surfaces that long it is mostly to make people feel better or safer.

• nate changed the title to It begins... 11 Marlins players and two coaches test positive, game cancelled (1/3 of the Marlins travelling players)

Should have used the 'hub city' idea. The premise of the lockdown is to minimize contact and exposure. Travel just magnifies the risk. All the logistics of moving from city to city exponentially add to the danger.

Also note how casual things have been in the games so far. Some with masks, many without. Hardly any legitimate social distancing in the dugouts and stands where players were together. First basemen and runners often chatty or within a few feet of each other. 

Some spreading was inevitable. But there should be no panic and reflexive reaction to shut it all down. Like random injuries that hit some teams more than others it has to be viewed as the breaks of the game. Only if there are multiple teams with heavy roster contagion should the season be suspended/cancelled. 

Can you get the virus from someone that is wearing a mask? Unless that person is like sneezing on you up super close, I don't see how 2 people wearing masks can spread the virus if they have it or if one person with the virus wearing a mask can give it to a person not wearing a mask that doesn't have the virus. I see a lot of these players not wearing masks but then again, they are outside. I have a hard time believing the Marlins players got the virus while playing baseball on the field. I think they got it elsewhere because they didn't wear a mask or wash their hands. All speculative of course but that's what makes sense to me.