• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Update: Cardinals players, Phillies coach and staffer test positive - 15 Marlins players and two coaches test positive, games postponed

nate

4 minutes ago, zenmaster said:

Damnit Florida. I don't see how this can go on if they have to quarantine for 14 days and the team they just played has to quarantine for 14 days.

The team they just played should not have to quarantine. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

The team isn’t quarantined Strad, but they just shut down their stadium and postponed the Phillies/Yanks game.

Edited by PattyD22

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

If they are following the guidelines outlined by the CDC they should.  Anyone that comes in contact with someone that is Covid positive is supposed to quarantine for 14 days or until a negative test.

2 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

The team isn’t quarantined Strad, but they just shut down their stadium and postponed the Phillies/Yanks game.

Yea, if they aren’t going to take the disinfecting of the stadium seriously then they should wait to play.  But if you go in and disinfect you should be fine.

1 minute ago, nate said:

If they are following the guidelines outlined by the CDC they should.  Anyone that comes in contact with someone that is Covid positive is supposed to quarantine for 14 days or until a negative test.

Anyone that has prolonged close contact and prolonged isn’t really that long, but it is longer than what you deal with inside of a baseball game.  It would be within 6 feet for 10 or so minutes give or take.  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yea, if they aren’t going to take the disinfecting of the stadium seriously then they should wait to play.  But if you go in and disinfect you should be fine.

I agree with you.  But I’m waiting for the swift, knee jerk reaction by MLB which is probably coming within the next 4 hours.

Just now, Stradling said:

why not?  Florida came into philly with negative tests.  So either they got it in Philly.  Or even worse would be they were asymptomatic and tested negative.  If they were asymptomatic and tested negative, then Philly could be infected and not even know it.  And if Florida were asymptomatic and tested negative, the unknown would be how long this state would last before you test positive.  2 days, a week?  If it's a week, Philly could then infect NY and Toronto, and the domino of NY could infect Boston.  

Surface transmission is pretty much non-existent so disinfecting is just a placebo.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/php/contact-tracing/contact-tracing-plan/contact-tracing.html

Asymptomatic contacts testing negative should self-quarantine for 14 days from their last exposure (i.e., close encounter with confirmed or probable COVID-19 case)

Data are limited for the definition of close contact. For this guidance it is defined as: a) being within 6 feet of a person with confirmed COVID-19 or b) having unprotected direct contact with infectious secretions or excretions of the person with confirmed COVID-19.

Just now, gotbeer said:

why not?  Florida came into philly with negative tests.  So either they got it in Philly.  Or even worse would be they were asymptomatic and tested negative.  If they were asymptomatic and tested negative, then Philly could be infected and not even know it.  And if Florida were asymptomatic and tested negative, the unknown would be how long this state would last before you test positive.  2 days, a week?  If it's a week, Philly could then infect NY and Toronto, and the domino of NY could infect Boston.  

Because the exposure you have on a baseball field is incredibly limited.  It is more limited than most everything we do in real life.  

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Anyone that has prolonged close contact and prolonged isn’t really that long, but it is longer than what you deal with inside of a baseball game.  It would be within 6 feet for 10 or so minutes give or take.  

Their first basemen tested positive.  A runner and first basemen get within 6 feet of each other.  And all it takes is one to spread to the rest.  And all it takes is one bus ride for that one to spread to the entire team.

1 hour ago, John Taylor said:

Yikes. Theoretically if the entire team has to quarantine for 14 days that throws a bunch of stuff in disarray. I hope this isn't the beginning of the end for the MLB season.

This already doesn't feel like a legit MLB season. 

Edited by Jason

2 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Their first basemen tested positive.  A runner and first basemen get within 6 feet of each other.  And all it takes is one to spread to the rest.  And all it takes is one bus ride for that one to spread to the entire team.

For how long would the runner and the first baseman be that close to one another?  We see the graphics when a runner takes a lead it is 12 or so feet off the base.  Not to mention the fact that they are all less at risk being outdoors.  

@nate then every single person should be quarantined because at this point, undoubtedly, we have all been within 6 feet of someone that has had it.  However most of us probably haven’t been in close contact, for very long, with someone who has had it.  

or our immune systems were strong enough to fight it off. 

@nate then every single person should be quarantined because at this point, undoubtedly, we have all been within 6 feet of someone that has had it.  However most of us probably haven’t been in close contact, for very long, with someone who has had it.  

If any of us have been withing 6 feet of someone that has tested positive we absolutely should have quarantined for 14 days.

There is a reason why we have over 4 million confirmed cases and 150k deaths, we are not following proper quarantine procedures and making asinine statements like yours.

1 minute ago, nate said:

If any of us have been withing 6 feet of someone that has tested positive we absolutely should have quarantined for 14 days.

There is a reason why we have over 4 million confirmed cases and 150k deaths, we are not following proper quarantine procedures and making asinine statements like yours.

So you don’t believe since this outbreak you have been within 6 feet of anyone that was positive?  

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

For how long would the runner and the first baseman be that close to one another?  We see the graphics when a runner takes a lead it is 12 or so feet off the base.  Not to mention the fact that they are all less at risk being outdoors.  

We've also seen that first basemen and runners are usually very chatty with each other at close range.  And outdoors or not, that is a huge spread factor.  Factor in also that they both probably aren't wearing masks.  

Edited by gotbeer

image.png

You can call it asinine but here is what the CDC says @nate now it is completely possible that I am misunderstanding this, and since you are in the medical field if you tell me I am misunderstanding it I will absolutely change my opinion.  But this literally says within 6 feet for 15 plus minutes.  I mean, that is how I am understanding it and how I am basing my opinion.  

So you don’t believe since this outbreak you have been within 6 feet of anyone that was positive?  

Whether or not I have has nothing to do with it.  There is a reason everyone is supposed to stay home and only go out for essential business.  And if I was within 6 feet of someone that tested positive or was in contact with someone that tested positive and didn't quarantine, I would love to meet them so I can kick them in the nuts.

But to answer your question, since this happened, I have only come in contact with any people twice.  Both times myself and the people I came in contact with were wearing masks and stayed at least 6 feet apart.  I actually listen to the experts and stay home, order everything online, and do contactless grocery pickup.

Just now, Stradling said:

image.png

You can call it asinine but here is what the CDC says @nate now it is completely possible that I am misunderstanding this, and since you are in the medical field if you tell me I am misunderstanding it I will absolutely change my opinion.  But this literally says within 6 feet for 15 plus minutes.  I mean, that is how I am understanding it and how I am basing my opinion.  

That is based off of old guidance.  Before that it was 30 minutes.  Now the amount of time is not listed as a limit.

Source: Weekly conference calls with CDC leadership.

They also originally said everyone should quarantine for 14 days, now they are saying if you came in close contact you should quarantine for three days and then get tested.  If negative you are safe.