• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. A's (7/26/2020) Shohei Ohtani's 2020 Debut

Chuck

8 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I dunno.  I feel like Goodwin would be the better at 5 than Walsh.  Doesn’t matter that much I guess. 

Well to be fair, Walsh does have more power. His career minor league slash is .301/.375/.538  with a .913 OPS. 

He hit 36 HR's in AAA last year and one with the big league club.   

15 minutes ago, Fourts said:

Hope Ohtani has his control issues worked out.  May not get many innings out of him. His pitch count today is likely Very limited. 

Maddon let Griffin Canning throw 87 pitches the other night.  I don’t think Ohtani will be on a specific pitch count.  If his control isn’t on, hopefully Calloway can help him out with that.

5 minutes ago, Lou said:

Yep! 

Also, if you haven't already subscribe for super cheap for the entire baseball season! 

Details:

Manager Joe Maddon said Ohtani won’t be on a strict pitch count for Sunday’s start, although it’s worth noting that his longest outing in intrasquad games was five innings and about 75 pitches.

“Well just read the game as it’s going along,” Maddon said. “He’s stretched out pretty well.”

49 minutes ago, Fourts said:

Hope Ohtani has his control issues worked out.  May not get many innings out of him. His pitch count today is likely Very limited. 

Angels manager Joe Maddon said Ohtani will not be on any pitch-count restrictions, and Ohtani is excited about the opportunity to start again. The right-hander made 10 starts during his AL Rookie of the Year season in 2018, posting a 3.31 ERA with 63 strikeouts in 51 2/3 innings.

17 minutes ago, Lou said:

It is amusing how many people are (presumably) die hard Angels fans but don't have an OCR subscription. Perhaps not surprising, but amusing. I've followed many beat writers of many different sports in my time; Jeff is one of the really good ones.