• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rendon is the key

Offense looks pretty much like it has since 2014, pretty so so....Pujols is a drag and will be until his last AB next year....Want to see how Upton looks but you have to wonder how much he has left in the tank....That’s a lot of money and outs down the drain...

This team is not serious about winning until Pujols is no longer in the lineup(and maybe Justin Hamilton  Upton).  Goodwin is straight-up better than Upton, Thais and LaStella are much better options at first base.  Moreno is his own worst enemy, the money he flushes every year just hamstrings the club.  I do appreciate the fact he wants to win (unlike the Disney ownership), but he really needs a mano-a-mano conversation with Albert.

25 minutes ago, oldguy said:

This team is not serious about winning until Pujols is no longer in the lineup(and maybe Justin Hamilton  Upton).  Goodwin is straight-up better than Upton, Thais and LaStella are much better options at first base.  Moreno is his own worst enemy, the money he flushes every year just hamstrings the club.  I do appreciate the fact he wants to win (unlike the Disney ownership), but he really needs a mano-a-mano conversation with Albert.

The Disney ownership won a World Series.

Also, how is a hand-to-hand conversation going to help?

53 minutes ago, oldguy said:

Hey, do you remember what the Dodgers hitting with RISP was last year ? 

How much are missing Joc Pederson and Ross Stripling?

A whole hell of a lot, I'd say. Thanks, Arte!

That being said, this looks like a typical hodgepodge of an Angels team without Rendon. I hope his oblique strain is very mild and not the troublesome kind that hangs around for weeks. 

I probably rest Rendon until he is absolutely 100%. Bring up Adell and play some young guys. Trade Simba if we can and work towards next season. 60 games of experience can really help guys for next season. Adell and others need the ABs and we are not going anywhere with this bullpen. Albert, Upton, Goody, and Fletch are eating up opportunities and don’t figure into our long term success. Fletch might be the exception but I want him in a bench utility role. This season is a rare opportunity to play guys without worrying about losing attendance

2 hours ago, angelinkc said:

I probably rest Rendon until he is absolutely 100%. Bring up Adell and play some young guys. Trade Simba if we can and work towards next season. 60 games of experience can really help guys for next season. Adell and others need the ABs and we are not going anywhere with this bullpen. Albert, Upton, Goody, and Fletch are eating up opportunities and don’t figure into our long term success. Fletch might be the exception but I want him in a bench utility role. This season is a rare opportunity to play guys without worrying about losing attendance

So one game into the season they should punt and waste another year of Trout's career? 

With expanded playoffs and especially after a single game, I can't agree.  They have to be playoff-minded until mathematically eliminated.

It’s been one game.  A little too early to assume the worst. 

4 hours ago, oldguy said:

This team is not serious about winning until Pujols is no longer in the lineup

Pretty much this. Unless they expand to the playoffs to 24 teams. Then we might get in!

If Pujols gave the slightest of shits he’d get into shape but he can’t even be bothered to do that. 

8 minutes ago, Stradling said:

It’s been one game.  A little too early to assume the worst. 

I believe we can make the playoffs this year but I don’t see available pen upgrades to advance in the playoffs. I had rather give it our best shot while playing Adell and the guys. 

22 minutes ago, Junkballer said:

With expanded playoffs and especially after a single game, I can't agree.  They have to be playoff-minded until mathematically eliminated.

Not saying we blow things up this week but we should explore playing some young guys quickly if things go south. 

6 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

Rendon is the key for Angels , he is protection for Trout. Saw it last night as Trout gets walked in 9th. 

Regardless if Rendon is in the lineup, every team in baseball will load the bases by walking Trout in the 8th or 9th inning to face the next batter. 

31 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

I believe we can make the playoffs this year but I don’t see available pen upgrades to advance in the playoffs. I had rather give it our best shot while playing Adell and the guys. 

I understand what you are saying, but it would help if you understood that Adell is going to come up and struggle.  He’s going to be really good, but he is going to be a strike out machine when he comes up.  Also every single year, bullpen arms come out of nowhere.  There will be arms on teams that suck, but those arms will be performing this year.  

5 hours ago, angelinkc said:

Lol Fletch doesn’t figure into our long term success. Fletch might be an exception? What the actual fuck are you talking about?