• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Christian Yelich, not Mike Trout, is MLB's best player -- and the numbers show it

Six years ago this month, ESPN ran an article with the headline "Mike Trout or Yasiel Puig: Who ya got?"

Yelich certainly has a better case than Puig, but the point remains: this is what ESPN does with the all-time greats. They love to publish articles about how Steph Curry is better than LeBron, or "Is this the year Father Time catches up with Tom Brady?" Because it gets fans like us talking about the articles. 

If Trout were traded for Yelich straight up, which fanbase would have a higher percentage of happy fans?

What a joke of an article. Clickbait. I love Yelich, I think he's a top 3 player in the game, but he is no Mike Trout. 

And I don't like putting playoff success on an individual in baseball. In other sports it makes sense, to me in baseball, it does not. There are too many factors that go into baseball to knock a player for lack of post season success. We have had crappy pitching for the majority of his big league career, and on top of that, a ton of injured arms. You really can't pin any of that on Trout.