• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels reliever Keynan Middleton takes a knee during Anthem

1 hour ago, mymerlincat said:

While I'm not personally a fan of the kneeling, I can definitely respect that every player is allowed to use their platform as they see fit to deliver the message they want to deliver as long as it's not hurting anyone (this isn't).  I do think it's funny however, that the same people who preach tolerance and equality are unable to tolerate people saying they aren't a fan of the kneeling.  Just as Middleton or whoever is entitled to voice their feelings through kneeling, people are well within their right to say they personally don't like it.

Well that's the democrat way, Rules For Thee But Not For Me

I haven't read all the post here, but I'll chime in a bit...

First of all, it's important to differentiate between BLM, the organization and BLM, the phrase/movement. I doubt very few people have actually read the mission statement of the organization and if they did, they might be surprised to see exactly what they stand for. Then again... maybe not.

As for the phrase itself... some people react to it by saying "all lives matter." Well, that's problematic.  I listened to a pastor based in the Pasadena area named Albert Tate who made this analogy...

Paraphrasing... Let's say your neighbor's house is on fire and the fire department shows up to put out the fire and you run out and say 'What are you doing?' The fire fighter says "This house matters, we need to save it" and you respond by saying... "Well, all houses matter." So here's the thing..  yes, all houses matter, but if one is on fire you need to deal with it first. So... African Americans are saying their house is on fire right now. 

I can't begin to understand everything African Americans are going through right now - but if a house is on fire, you need to rescue the people inside it.

That's about all I have to say on this issue...

Just to set the record straight, @Blanks Burner Account is neither Cals or KC Angels. He's not anyone any of you have ever met or interacted with on here before.

So not only did he reach out to me via a PM, I double checked in the admin section to confirm. While he's had an account here for some time now, he's only posted in that account a few times. More of a viewer than contributor with his original account. 

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

Just to set the record straight, @Blanks Burner Account is neither Cals or KC Angels. He's not anyone any of you have ever met or interacted with on here before.

So not only did he reach out to me via a PM, I double checked in the admin section to confirm. While he's had an account here for some time now, he's only posted in that account a few times. More of a viewer than contributor with his original account. 

Honest and straight forward with my actions.  Can't wait for the other mods to cry bloody murder and try to ban me from the site because I hurt their delicate little feelings by saying things they don't like (while they piss and shit all over the place like homeless people in democrat run cities like San Francisco)

8 hours ago, True Grich said:

First of all, it's important to differentiate between BLM, the organization and BLM, the phrase/movement. I doubt very few people have actually read the mission statement of the organization and if they did, they might be surprised to see exactly what they stand for. Then again... maybe not.

As for the phrase itself... some people react to it by saying "all lives matter." Well, that's problematic.  I listened to a pastor based in the Pasadena area named Albert Tate who made this analogy...

Paraphrasing... Let's say your neighbor's house is on fire and the fire department shows up to put out the fire and you run out and say 'What are you doing?' The fire fighter says "This house matters, we need to save it" and you respond by saying... "Well, all houses matter." So here's the thing..  yes, all houses matter, but if one is on fire you need to deal with it first. So... African Americans are saying their house is on fire right now. 

I can't begin to understand everything African Americans are going through right now - but if a house is on fire, you need to rescue the people inside it.

This is a great post.  Much better than my post that was deleted by someone.  

MLB should probably just let this go, as it is they are way behind the social curve and have steadily lost the black athlete over time. Doing anything short of publicly supporting peaceful protests will alienate them further from the black athlete.  

15 hours ago, Blanks Burner Account said:

Let them kneel, football lost money because of it years ago which in turn will lower the cap number because it's connected to revenue which in turn means less money for the player REEEEEEEEE

By the way I apologize for not using emotions in my replies

They need to close the Stupid Factory where you get your takes.

EdeZZ7zXoAAeQ_7?format=png&name=large

https://www.statista.com/statistics/193457/total-league-revenue-of-the-nfl-since-2005/

10 hours ago, True Grich said:

There is definitely a difference in the phrase and the organization. The organization looks very much like a political party and their demands are bit off in my opinion. 

13 hours ago, Tank said:

i figure every NBA and NFL player will be taking a knee this season and for as long as they feel like it. honestly, i don't think i really care if they do or don't. i don't watch much of the nba and i'll probably skip the beginning of each football game.

as for middleton, it's absolutely his right to take a knee, and i expect several other players will do the same thing. i don't know that the issues it represents still need to be brought to anyone's attention after what the country has been through the last two months. i agree with blanks that it's probably time to start putting some actions into their symbols. the pujols foundations was a good model for comparison.

So many will take a knee that nobody will even give a shit anymore and move on to something else to pay attention to 

7 hours ago, Blanks Burner Account said:

if it wasn't for low class you'd have no class with that last remark... can't wait to hear you lecture me and others on your virtuous beliefs on things you don't agree with tdawg

Since you are new to posting in this forum I would suggest not taking to many of us here that seriously