• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels reliever Keynan Middleton takes a knee during Anthem

I caught the game just as Richards was finishing his warm ups and missed any pregame action. I just see don't the issue but it seems a little in the realm of, if a tree falls in the forest and the stands are empty, did it make a political statement? 

8 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I caught the game just as Richards was finishing his warm ups and missed any pregame action. I just see don't the issue but it seems a little in the realm of, if a tree falls in the forest and the stands are empty, did it make a political statement? 

It sure does when there's reporting and free press near by.  No snark or sarcasm, thank you Jeff Fletcher for everything you do.  We need a Jeff Fletcher appreciations thread.

5 minutes ago, Blanks Burner Account said:

It sure does when there's reporting and free press near by.  No snark or sarcasm, thank you Jeff Fletcher for everything you do.  We need a Jeff Fletcher appreciations thread.

Yep, I think we had one in the past. I'll have to find it later. 

We all appreciate @Jeff Fletcher's work. I also understand that he has to report these types of stories, they also get more clicks & views than the regular post game notes and in terms of it landing here, all of the OC Register's Angels articles are automatically fed into our main Los Angeles Angels forum here. We're thankful for that, but we also encourage you all to spend the 99 cents a month to help support Jeff's work. 

5 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Fletch contributes a lot on here, and does it without a big bias.   That's cool in my book. 

Jeff Fletcher is what true reporting should be.  He's very fair and balanced.  He reports things properly without voicing an opinion or narrative with regards to his beliefs.  The Angels organization and it's fanbase are lucky to have this great professional.  Thank you again Jeff and YES Chuck I will become a member of the OC Register

3 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Everyone who is so offended by a knee,  are you standing at attention with a hand on your heart at home during the anthem? 

Not offended by the knee... it's an empty calorie meal... watch the video... and the day I see many of the kneelers actual do something of substance to improve the community and the process that'll be the day I believe in kneeling

4 minutes ago, Blanks Burner Account said:

Not offended by the knee... it's an empty calorie meal... watch the video... and the day I see many of the kneelers actual do something of substance to improve the community and the process that'll be the day I believe in kneeling

Why does it take many?  What if one kneeler makes a small difference?  Then isn’t it worth it?   The answer is yes.  If this keeps the conversation going and it creates little changes from people who see it, then it’s worth it no matter how much it bothers people who pretend it means something it doesn’t.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

It only matters if many Rosa Parks do something. 

True. Otherwise she's just a rabble rouser who's distracting from my comfort as a white person to sit in the front of the bus. I thought riding the bus would be a unifying experience. Why is she causing trouble?

28 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Why does it take many?  What if one kneeler makes a small difference?  Then isn’t it worth it?   The answer is yes.  If this keeps the conversation going and it creates little changes from people who see it, then it’s worth it no matter how much it bothers people who pretend it means something it doesn’t.  

Once again theatrics.  You talk about conversation but what's that old saying?? ACTIONS speak louder than words.  The day I see kneelers do something of substance that actually helps their community then that'll be the day I support it.

Oh and one more thing, you talk about it making a difference, what good has come out of this?  Defunding the police in high crime areas?  Is less policing gonna be good for the black community as a whole?  Love your slogan hot takes with no actual meaning to your sentences.  You seem to have the answers, change my mind, make me into a better person with the same honor and virtue you have Standling #TeachMe

7 minutes ago, Theo Huxtable said:

"Rosa Parks should have STFU and moved to the back of the bus." – People who complain about keeling during the anthem

Yup and the Cosby Show shouldn't have been removed from TV when Cliff Huxtable was MeToo'd  – People who DON'T complain about keeling during the anthem

19 minutes ago, Theo Huxtable said:

True. Otherwise she's just a rabble rouser who's distracting from my comfort as a white person to sit in the front of the bus. I thought riding the bus would be a unifying experience. Why is she causing trouble?

And why have BLM protest caused so many black killings in the "concept" of black lives mattering, or rioting, looting, injuries, property damage, business damage and chaos.  Seriously why are they causing so much trouble?

38 minutes ago, Blanks Burner Account said:

Once again theatrics.  You talk about conversation but what's that old saying?? ACTIONS speak louder than words.  The day I see kneelers do something of substance that actually helps their community then that'll be the day I support it.

Oh and one more thing, you talk about it making a difference, what good has come out of this?  Defunding the police in high crime areas?  Is less policing gonna be good for the black community as a whole?  Love your slogan hot takes with no actual meaning to your sentences.  You seem to have the answers, change my mind, make me into a better person with the same honor and virtue you have Standling #TeachMe

We’re talking about two different things.  Why are you lumping in kneeling with the looters?  Never mind I know why.  

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

We’re talking about two different things.  Why are you limping in kneeling with the looters?  Never mind I know why.  

Go ahead, name call.  Tell me why?

And not once have you made a legit knowledgeable statement with regards to things. 

Nothing but catch phrases and virtue signaling

Change my mind, give me something of substance (no catch phrases) make me Great like you Strandling