• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels reliever Keynan Middleton takes a knee during Anthem

Just now, st1ckboy said:

Why was my post deleted?

I removed all of the posts related including Blanks Burner Account's in response to yours so that we can reset. 

See my post a a few posts up, st1ck. 

Things were starting to get ugly on both sides. 

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

I removed all of the posts related including Blanks Burner Account's in response to yours so that we can reset. 

See my post a a few posts up, st1ck. 

Things were starting to get ugly on both sides. 

Lol. I was just fucking with the dude. 

28 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Hey burner, you were waiting for it, here you go:

a kneeler that doesn’t support BLM  

Not looking to disagree for the sake of disagreeing but him saying he doesn’t support blm is not the same as him saying “stop destroying your cities and hurting others” 

I get it bro you’re talking about kneeling but I’m talking about violence and destruction caused by a movement that has been taken over by rich WHITE liberal children and criminals looking to come up on stolen merchandise

655768CB-A804-48B4-AB8F-6CDBEA5466D7.jpeg

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

How are you doing dude? Hope all is well with you and yours. 

Doing well all things considering. Family is healthy and my job keeps me busy. Miss going to son's soccer games but I guess there is worse shit in the world going on than that. You?

1 minute ago, st1ckboy said:

Doing well all things considering. Family is healthy and my job keeps me busy. Miss going to son's soccer games but I guess there is worse shit in the world going on than that. You?

Very good to hear. 

I'm doing well also. I've been WFH since early March, I actually love it. Hated it before. 

Just got back from Vegas and Arizona visiting my son and celebrated my grandson's 1-year birthday. It was pretty awesome considering he nearly died a year early and needed open heart corrective TGA surgery. 

My 17-year old daughter wrote a song for my grandson Kason and played it at his birthday party. It was touching. 

22 hours ago, halomatt said:

I will never, ever know what it's like to be a Black person in America.  I do not know the sting of racism. I never had ancestors that were bought and sold, whipped, raped and malnourished. My ancestors were not granted their freedom from slavery only 150 years ago.

If Black athletes want to use their platform to bring attention to their plight and to get people talking about The Black Experience (like Middleton and Fletcher have done so aptly in this thread), then so be it.  I applaud their efforts to start the conversation.

I haven't walked in their shoes (and I'm guessing most of you have not either).

What I do know is that I can never understand the plight of Blacks in America when I look at their issues through my filters/lenses/perceptions. 

It just does not work that way. 

I will never, ever be down with this viewpoint. If this is your view, any group of people could tell the world they're being prosecuted with nothing but anecdotes to back it up.

Then you have people like this saying "Well I don't know and will never know what it's like to be X. So that I don't feel morally bankrupt and because it sounds nice on its face i'll support their cause!"

Give me something real and tangible. Give me facts to back up your bullshit. Until then its bullshit.

3 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I will never, ever be down with this viewpoint. If this is your view, any group of people could tell the world they're being prosecuted with nothing but anecdotes to back it up.

Then you have people like this saying "Well I don't know and will never know what it's like to be X. So that I don't feel morally bankrupt and because it sounds nice on its face i'll support their cause!"

Give me something real and tangible. Give me facts to back up your bullshit. Until then its bullshit.

It's called empathy you unbelievable asshat.

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

It's called empathy you unbelievable asshat.

No, it's called taking something to it's logical conclusion.

If i'm a white guy in a shitty neighborhood and I tell you how I can't get ahead in life because people look down on me, who are you to say otherwise? You should be sympathetic to me, you don't know what its like to be me. If you're not you're a morally corrupt piece of garbage.

Except what if everything i just told you is a bullshit excuse? Maybe i'm a drug addict alcoholic who beats his cat when Justin Upton botches a play in left field?

1 minute ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

If i'm a white guy in a shitty neighborhood and I tell you how I can't get ahead in life because people look down on me, who are you to say otherwise? You should be sympathetic to me, you don't know what its like to be me. If you're not you're a morally corrupt piece of garbage.

Correct.

57 minutes ago, Orange Lives Matter said:

Seeing how having the term Burner in my account name has created a lot speculation as to who I am I have decided to do a rebranding like these organizations and change my account name to clear up any of the confusion 

3F1F68BA-A034-4DDA-A0F1-EF02290610F4.jpeg

Spot on @Orange Lives Matter with regards to BLM org, though I don't know if I agree with the rainbow flag. 

Even our own POTUS is good with gays, while communism has traditionally not been. But you got the other three correct! 

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

Correct.

Ok, now. Replace that story with this massive group of people saying:

"Well, black people are obviously victims of systemic racism. If you don't accept this on its face, you're part of the problem. You don't know what its like to be black! How can you say otherwise?"

Well, no. That's not how that works. There are plenty of black people that actually say this is bullshit. And because of that they are "Uncle Toms." You probably won't agree, but the black community has problems that extend far beyond the myth of "Systemic racism." Gangster rap culture, gangs in general, thug life, looking down on black people who speak proper English, the welfare state, fatherless children, etc. All of these things are very detrimental to the black community as a whole and result in perpetual poverty and violence as a result, but the black community refuses to even attempt to address it or talk about it.

"Systemic racism" means what exactly? Police brutality seems to be the common complaint these days. Ok, where is the evidence for it? You might say "Well look at George Floyd, Philandro Castille, Michael Brown, all of these new stories!" and so on, and some of those incidents may be justified and some of it not, some of it may be more nuanced. George Floyd is an example of a horrible use of force by police, in Michael Brown's case it was justified. This kind of stuff happens, unfortunately. The media then latches on to it because it creates coverage, and society goes down the shitter. White people also get the shit kicked out of them by police on occasion, you just don't hear about it as much. Black people commit violent crime at far higher rates than any other race, with reasons mentioned earlier as part of the cause. So, logically, more black people are going to be involved in police shootings and such.

Still, having said that, here are some stats:

In 2018, blacks commited 53% of homicides and 60% of robberies in the US despite being 13% of the population.

The police shot 9 unarmed blacks and 19 unarmed whites in 2019. Those 9 blacks represent 0.1% of all black homicide victims.

A cop is 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black person than an unarmed black person killed by a cop.

And you want me to believe police brutality is some country wide disaster? Please...

5 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Ok, now. Replace that story with this massive group of people saying:

"Well, black people are obviously victims of systemic racism. If you don't accept this on its face, you're part of the problem. You don't know what its like to be black! How can you say otherwise?"

Correct.

1 hour ago, Orange Lives Matter said:

Seeing how having the term Burner in my account name has created a lot speculation as to who I am I have decided to do a rebranding like these organizations and change my account name to clear up any of the confusion 

3F1F68BA-A034-4DDA-A0F1-EF02290610F4.jpeg

Lol @ the gay pride flag being there.

1 minute ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Any response to what followed that?

No. It was just a bunch of ranting and then you did the "statistics" thing like any amount of unnarmed people being killed by the police is somehow ok and not worth being upset about.

You outlined it yourself. You nor I know what it's like to be black. That's pretty much all that needs to be said.

17 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

It is such fucking bullshit.  I respect Chuck but that being on there is why I hid the post, twice and if he wants that to represent his site I can only object and not actually do anything about it.  

5 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

No. It was just a bunch of ranting and then you did the "statistics" thing like any amount of unnarmed people being killed by the police is somehow ok and not worth being upset about.

You outlined it yourself. You nor I know what it's like to be black. That's pretty much all that needs to be said.

That's so dumb. Obviously everyone agrees 1 unarmed person being shot is too many. But things happen, it's not evidence of systemic corruption across the entire countries police force.

As for your second line, you fit right in with the narrative. "I'm black, so therefore i'm right."

16 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

It was illegal to be a gay male in Communist Russia. And Marx never talked about it (he was homophobic, if anything). 

There's no correlation. It's just throwing anything considered "leftist" in the Commie Bin.

22 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

The streets are filled with the rainbow flag. The far left is a Marxist mob. All gays are not bad people. However, radical leftist always march together. BLM and antifa marches are always full of radical gays. The rainbow flag is also present at most every immigration or SEIU rally. 

13 minutes ago, Stradling said:

It is such fucking bullshit.  I respect Chuck but that being on there is why I hid the post, twice and if he wants that to represent his site I can only object and not actually do anything about it.  

@Stradling read this by ABC News: https://abcnews.go.com/US/start-black-lives-matter-lgbtq-lives/story?id=71320450

Also, nobody here is homophobic or hates gays dude so settle down. 

This is called an open forum for discussion. A forum, a message board. 

I won't ever allow any hatred toward gay men and women or racism here. I never have!