• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

No More Flyovers @ Sporting Events?

Due to federal budget issues, the sporting world will soon have to say goodbye to flyovers. Michelle Beadle is alright with the cut because she isn't comfortable using tax dollars to fund this, but Dave Briggs says it's a reminder of our military in front of millions of people.

see more... http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nbc-yahoo-sports/hype-goodbye-flyovers-224611444.html

Good. It's cool as a kid until you grow up and realize your tax dollars are paying for that. They can find another way to have a military presence that is a lot less costly, if necessary. I'm sure most civilians have someone or personally know someone in the service and people aren't forgetting about the troops. Not to mention the death toll and unnecessary occupation that is constantly in the news.

The fly overs were cool, but unnecessary.   

Good. It's cool as a kid until you grow up and realize your tax dollars are paying for that. They can find another way to have a military presence that is a lot less costly, if necessary. I'm sure most civilians have someone or personally know someone in the service and people aren't forgetting about the troops. Not to mention the death toll and unnecessary occupation that is constantly in the news.

The fly overs were cool, but unnecessary.

Yes, it's your tax dollars at work. But your tax dollars aren't paying for a flyover. It's paying for pilot proficiency training. They always frag those as part of normal training sorties. (I schedule sorties for a living, trust me)

I wouldn't be opposed to a break from the fly-overs.  They've become ubiquitous and seem to be over-used lately.  However, I would love to see them occur after a year or so. 

That stealth fighter fly-over in 2002 was insane.  I don't think there's been a fly-over to go that low since.  It was the only thing that hushed the crowd for a few seconds during the World Series.

I wouldn't be opposed to a break from the fly-overs.  They've become ubiquitous and seem to be over-used lately.  However, I would love to see them occur after a year or so. 

That stealth fighter fly-over in 2002 was insane.  I don't think there's been a fly-over to go that low since.  It was the only thing that hushed the crowd for a few seconds during the World Series.

I think I have video of that somewhere. I'll have to dig it up.

?

Yes, it's your tax dollars at work. But your tax dollars aren't paying for a flyover. It's paying for pilot proficiency training. They always frag those as part of normal training sorties. (I schedule sorties for a living, trust me)

It doesn't cost the govt. much if any additional money to have the planes fly over a game when those flights / training exercises are done anyway as part of pilot proficiency training. If they don't do the flights over a game they'll just do the same number of flight-hours elsewhere.