• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Where do you bat Albert in this lineup?

I’m not picking, so it doesn’t matter where I think he should be.

He will most likely be 5th or 6th (depending on whether Ohtani is in) when everyone is healthy and in the lineup.

He won’t bat before Trout, Rendon, Ohtani, or, probably, Upton. And since none of those guys is likely to lead off, that puts him at 6. Unless La Stella, Simmons, Castro, or someone else is just dominating, I don’t see them moving him down. 

And honestly, it isn’t that big of a deal. Yeah, Albert’s not great anymore in general, but he has a knack for timely hits with RISP. So I’m cool with him hitting there as long as he still gets those RBI’s. 

4 hours ago, Pancake Bear said:

I’m not picking, so it doesn’t matter where I think he should be.

He will most likely be 5th or 6th (depending on whether Ohtani is in) when everyone is healthy and in the lineup.

He won’t bat before Trout, Rendon, Ohtani, or, probably, Upton. And since none of those guys is likely to lead off, that puts him at 6. Unless La Stella, Simmons, Castro, or someone else is just dominating, I don’t see them moving him down. 

And honestly, it isn’t that big of a deal. Yeah, Albert’s not great anymore in general, but he has a knack for timely hits with RISP. So I’m cool with him hitting there as long as he still gets those RBI’s. 

If he is timely at getting hits with RISP, why wouldn't he just apply that skill to every at bat?

9 hours ago, yk9001 said:

If he is timely at getting hits with RISP, why wouldn't he just apply that skill to every at bat?

Fletch has pointed this out before also. He often changes his approach with RISP in tight games. It improves his chances at singles and scoring a run. While his overall numbers still aren’t great, he’s a tad better than most of the kids at getting a run across the plate in big moments.