• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Still no word on Julio Teheran

Despite Maddon's quote here, at this point, I wonder if anyone in the organization really cares if he shows up?  He was signed to a 1-year deal as more or less an innings eater, and in a season like this, that doesn't seem to matter as much.  Seems like they'd maybe be just fine saving some $ and using some of the minor league depth.

7 minutes ago, Fish Oil said:

For a guy perhaps entering the final phase of a lackluster career, every million he can make has got to be important to him. I'm sure he would prefer being here whatever the situation may be.

He is in his age 29 season and has a career 3.67 ERA.  Not sure I would say final phase or lackluster.  

9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

He is in his age 29 season and has a career 3.67 ERA.  Not sure I would say final phase or lackluster.  

He’s on a one-year deal and presumably looking to sign another contract for next year and beyond. He needs to get his butt into camp because he has a lot to play for.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

He’s on a one-year deal and presumably looking to sign another contract for next year and beyond. He needs to get his butt into camp because he has a lot to play for.

Ok lunch boy why isn’t he in camp?   What aren’t you telling us?  Also I’m sure he’s well aware of his status which basically only solidified my belief that this isn’t a choice.  

Yo, dummies!

"Teheran spoke with Enrique Rojas at ESPN Desportes, and said he’s still in Atlanta, after he and his family experienced coronavirus symptoms. Teheran is currently awaiting test results.

“I was not feeling well, I had pain in my body, in my back, and we preferred not to take the risk. We are waiting for the results today or tomorrow and, if negative, I’ll travel to Los Angeles this weekend,” Teheran told Rojas, in Spanish."

11 minutes ago, Lou said:

Yo, dummies!

"Teheran spoke with Enrique Rojas at ESPN Desportes, and said he’s still in Atlanta, after he and his family experienced coronavirus symptoms. Teheran is currently awaiting test results.

“I was not feeling well, I had pain in my body, in my back, and we preferred not to take the risk. We are waiting for the results today or tomorrow and, if negative, I’ll travel to Los Angeles this weekend,” Teheran told Rojas, in Spanish."

That was a few days ago, wasn't it? Maddon's comments are from today. 

3 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Right. It was directed at those saying he needs to get into camp because he's on a one-year deal,etc.

He has a legitimate reason for not being in Anaheim. 

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

I don’t actually buy when Maddon says he doesn’t know. I believe he can’t say. 

Teheran said Wednesday that he was hoping to get the test results back Wednesday or Thursday and be in Anaheim this weekend. Obviously that didn’t happen, but I have no idea if the test was positive or the results didn’t come back or he’s got to quarantine for some other reason. Maybe his test was negative but someone in his family tested positive and now he’s got to wait for another. 

We still really don’t know a lot about how this works until guys start showing up and telling us what happened in their owns words. 

2 hours ago, Lou said:

Yo, dummies!

why wouldn't maddon know about this? maybe he didn't want to reveal health info about him.

6 hours ago, Stradling said:

A mid rotation starter on a one year deal heading into his thirties after being dumped by his previous team.

17 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Dumped?  Ok.  Any player who ever gets to free agency is now classified as dumped, got it. 

The Braves declined his option and bought him out, so they did kind of dump him. He signed for $3M less than he would have made if they picked up his option.

(This does not mean I think he's a terrible pitcher, I'm not bagging on him, etc. Just clarifying some things.)

38 minutes ago, Lou said:

Do you still have Fletch blocked? 

never saw a word from him about this. but I'll also confess that I don't read every thread in this forum, mostly because I'm still trying to learn up the mess a certain someone left in my backyard and garage.

plus I'm still waiting for fletch to like any of my posts. I take it rather personally that he hasn't liked anything from me. I thought he and I were closer than this.

Edited by Tank