• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Let Jo Adell play

1 hour ago, NrM said:

This might be the worst game I've ever seen from a rookie. Feel bad for the kid.

We can't afford to play him everyday right now tbh

We have nothing to lose. Let him play and work it out.

its not like his lack of performance is the one thing holding us back.

Where is everyone who said they were sure Adell was ready and the #Angels were just manipulating his service time?

Seriously, I still have no doubt that he’ll be good, but he’s 21 and played all of one month at AAA and wasn’t even that good there. 

It was totally reasonable in February and in July to believe he had stuff to work on. 

He’ll be fine. But playing in the majors is hard.  

8 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Where is everyone who said they were sure Adell was ready and the #Angels were just manipulating his service time?

Just because he has some issues to work on, doesn't mean the angels weren't manipulating his service time. It's not like anyone blames them for doing it. Every team does it. 

The fact that you seem to believe otherwise is little weird my dude.

But yea Jo Adell will be fine. He starts slow at every level initially, then finds his groove. He's been good at making adjustments.

One of the problems about focusing on supposed elite prospects is that often inflates expectations.

Often fans literally spend years projecting what they see in amateur, low and higher minor leagues into an idealized final major league product. But scouting is an inexact science.

The gulf between a prospect in baseball and the other major sports is much bigger. With a risky learning curve. Patience is needed before jumping to conclusions  with a small sample size. Even a year or two in the majors may not be definitive. 

24 minutes ago, NrM said:

Just because he has some issues to work on, doesn't mean the angels weren't manipulating his service time. It's not like anyone blames them for doing it. Every team does it. 

The fact that you seem to believe otherwise is little weird my dude.

But yea Jo Adell will be fine. He starts slow at every level initially, then finds his groove. He's been good at making adjustments.

I’ve explained my reasons on many times, most notably the way they treated Ohtani and also the fact that the CBA is expiring anyway. 

And it can’t be both. You can’t believe he’s not ready and believe they’re manipulating his service time. If the first is true the second isn’t. 

5 minutes ago, RendZone said:

If he can’t figure it out at the plate and play better defense his value will definitely take a dive. That’s the nature of the business. 

Yes.  But if you think any scout thinks like a fan and has decided that playing 4 games at the major leagues has diminished his status as a top prospect then you would be wrong.  His stock isn’t taking a hit, yet.  If he continues playing like this all year, then yea, probably so.   

8 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yes.  But if you think any scout thinks like a fan and has decided that playing 4 games at the major leagues has diminished his status as a top prospect then you would be wrong.  His stock isn’t taking a hit, yet.  If he continues playing like this all year, then yea, probably so.   

I think he’s still 2 years away from being an impact player. Torii Hunter 2.0

34 minutes ago, RendZone said:

I think he’s still 2 years away from being an impact player. Torii Hunter 2.0

Torrii won 9 Gold Gloves, 2 Silver Sluggers, and accumulated 50.7 bWAR.

If Adell is half that good, I will be thrilled.