• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Done with this year

I am an Angels fan and have been since I can remember. I have season tickets behind the Angels batters box and I won't stop going to games because hey I paid for my tickets and its fun to do something at nights and watch baseball. But as far as this year goes. I am done being upset about losses and getting excited about wins. This team shows no real emotion and Hamiltoe and Pujols are just mirages of their former selves. They don't look like they even care. So I am done feeling upset by the Angels for the remainder of the year. I wonder if anyone else feels this way watching this team this year.

If I watch on TV it is usually one or two innings and then I am done.  I usually go to at least 5 games a year but this year the only one I will go to is the AW Fan fest.  No reason to spend money to see this team play.

If I watch on TV it is usually one or two innings and then I am done.  I usually go to at least 5 games a year but this year the only one I will go to is the AW Fan fest.  No reason to spend money to see this team play.

Ya def. The only time I see them on TV is if I am at my folks house, at a friends house, or at a bar I got rid of cable a couple years ago just was never home to see anything live. 

Yup, take yesterday as an example. I always know when the Angels are playing. I try to plan my day around it, to be somewhere where I can watch at least a few innings.  But yesterday I turned on the TV during lunch and wow, they were on. I didn't really bother to watch because I actually wasn't interested.  I went to the park with the kids at the start of the ninth inning, and I just didn't care. They were down a run at the time and I knew they weren't going to win. Didn't bother to check gameday on my phone. Ugh.

I have a different mindset this season.  Normally (at least the last several years) I am engaged and excited about the teams' prospects for the postseason.  This year the team is a joke so I tune in for a couple of innings to chuckle at their ineptitude.

Erick Aybar was my favorite non-Trout player before the season started. Now I realize I just felt bad for him because he was a special needs child. We really shouldn't pity the mentally disabled. They are happy and that's all that matters.

I watch games at the pub fairly regularly. It's just a baseball game to me....I don't get too high or too low, just something to do.

The way this team has played this season it makes no sense to get upset or ruin your day.

this

This is my team.  I grew-up rooting for them, and will always root for the Halos brand.  When I was in my teens, I used to live and die with the Angels and Kings.  As I matured, started playing both games, and learned about the business and grind of the sports, I heard everyone in the sports continually saying to keep an even-keel over the course of the season.  

I don't think it's fair to say these players don't care.  They have good days, bad days, days where they're fighting through nagging injuries, and healthy days where they're locked-in.  

That said, when they are about to get swept by lowly Houston, I would rather watch most any College sporting event or listen to K-FROG.  But I will still check the scores and stats, as I'm still a fan.

Doesn't mean I am not a fan I still am a fan. Just really doesn't do anything to me if they win lose or draw right now. I have felt this way for the last month. Even when I am at the game I am much more just their to watch baseball and hope for a fun game then get super pumped or really bummed when something good or bad happened. Totally different then the last couple years.