• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How many MLB players will opt out for 2020

The virus doesn't seem to be transmitting outside. The theory is that perhaps UV rays break up the virus. 

The protests might not have driven the spread of the virus directly, it was the justification for them that triggered a change in attitudes among Americans. If protesting is important than so is my mental health. 

When epidemiologists, politicians, and morons like Garcetti came out and told people that protesting was OK they also told everyone that the lockdown was over.

I’m not sure I’m buying what those articles are selling.  It just doesn’t make any sense logically to me.  Sure inside and close is the worst for spreading.  But outside and super close is bad on its own too.  
The argument that the protests kept non-protesters at home and isolated- thus keeping the spread low is just ridiculous agenda speak.  It’s like saying I cheated on you because I love you so much (that doesn’t work).  You can be pro anti-racism and still see that there’s a problem and negative consequence to the close gather protest.  It’s not either/or.  

Raise your hand if you thought there wouldn’t be players who test positive.  I don’t understand canceling the practice today if they did everything right with disinfecting the day before.  Exclude the person that was possibly exposed. Look at video or talk to others on the team about possible close contact and move on.  

On 7/4/2020 at 10:13 PM, oldguy said:

When this is all said and done, a finite amount of people will have covid-19.  250 million Americans will be infected before herd immunity is achieved, hopefully less than 1% will die, but that is still over a million people.  We can flatten the curve, but we can't reduce the area under the curve (basic integral calculus).  Old people like me just hope that we will be in the 30% that don't get it and can benefit from herd immunity (or that we will be asymptomatic).  

If Trout opts out this year, he might as well opt out next season too because the numbers will be worse.  I just don't think MLB players are at the same risk as grocery-store and hospital workers, or even elementary school students who will return to classrooms in the fall (depending on what their district decides).

herd immunity is becoming increasingly more unlikely as even a "viable" strategy, if we consider a million+ dead americans as viable, because there is more research available now which is telling us that the antibodies don't keep in our system long enough for herd immunity to even be realistic.

i think it's going to be vaccine or bust on this because i have no faith in mankind to evolve and behave in the manners necessary.

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 10:16 AM, ukyah said:

herd immunity is becoming increasingly more unlikely as even a "viable" strategy, if we consider a million+ dead americans as viable, because there is more research available now which is telling us that the antibodies don't keep in our system long enough for herd immunity to even be realistic.

i think it's going to be vaccine or bust on this because i have no faith in mankind to evolve and behave in the manners necessary.

That or further mutations of it could possibly weaken it enough over the next several months.