• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How many MLB players will opt out for 2020

5 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

Presumably you'll be socially distanced and wearing a face mask? Did you go to Tulsa 14 days ago? The "9-9-9 Guy" did, and look where it got him.

When this is all said and done, a finite amount of people will have covid-19.  250 million Americans will be infected before herd immunity is achieved, hopefully less than 1% will die, but that is still over a million people.  We can flatten the curve, but we can't reduce the area under the curve (basic integral calculus).  Old people like me just hope that we will be in the 30% that don't get it and can benefit from herd immunity (or that we will be asymptomatic).  

If Trout opts out this year, he might as well opt out next season too because the numbers will be worse.  I just don't think MLB players are at the same risk as grocery-store and hospital workers, or even elementary school students who will return to classrooms in the fall (depending on what their district decides).

7 hours ago, oldguy said:

When this is all said and done, a finite amount of people will have covid-19.  250 million Americans will be infected before herd immunity is achieved, hopefully less than 1% will die, but that is still over a million people.  We can flatten the curve, but we can't reduce the area under the curve (basic integral calculus).  Old people like me just hope that we will be in the 30% that don't get it and can benefit from herd immunity (or that we will be asymptomatic).  

If Trout opts out this year, he might as well opt out next season too because the numbers will be worse.  I just don't think MLB players are at the same risk as grocery-store and hospital workers, or even elementary school students who will return to classrooms in the fall (depending on what their district decides).

It's weird that every other developed country was able to deal with this far more successfully than America. Guess you're right and it's just not possible to contain it.

2 hours ago, eaterfan said:

It's weird that every other developed country was able to deal with this far more successfully than America. Guess you're right and it's just not possible to contain it.

You are getting dangerously close to having this thread moved to the spin forum.  

2 minutes ago, happybat4 said:

I read something that Cozart might be the highest paid player this year. He was cut before Coronavirus so his contract is full and not pro rated. 

He probably sends Eppler a nice Christmas card every year. 

Posey opts out.  That’s big.  Has twin adopted daughters born premature. 

Selfishly (which i don't blame him at all), it makes perfect sense for him to do: rich, team has ZERO chance to win, at end of career, has won two rings, getting paid small percentage of salary for this season, etc.

27 minutes ago, Fourts said:

Posey opts out.  That’s big.  Has twin adopted daughters born premature. 

Selfishly (which i don't blame him at all), it makes perfect sense for him to do: rich, team has ZERO chance to win, at end of career, has won two rings, getting paid small percentage of salary for this season, etc.

He has three rings.