• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How many MLB players will opt out for 2020

7 minutes ago, oldguy said:

Just saw Kiid 27  talking on the news up here in NorCal.  I agree, he is on his way to opting out.  He'll use protecting his family and soon-to-be newborn as his reason.  Frankly, he's just not a "I eat nails" clubhouse leader.  He's always conceded alpha-maleship to Pujols, and Albert is 9 years removed from being the alpha male.  

Don't blame Trump for this Covid-19 thing.  Honest scientists admit we have another two years to deal with it.  We can't just stop the world and lock down for that long.  The just over one percent infected rate in MLB is frightening because we have to get to 70% before there is herd immunity.  A vaccine before this happens would be a modern day miracle.  

Soooo, Kiid 27, I say this to you......"The only way around this thing is right through it!!!"  I'm 65 years old and I'm going to work on Monday!!!

What a fucking joke.  If you didn’t want to work on Monday you should have made better choices. 

1 minute ago, oldguy said:

Most everyday Americans who need a paycheck don't have the option of using that reason.  Living paycheck to paycheck has a way of toughening you up.  So does working in a hospital.

So then why are you comparing what he does to what normal people do.  

1 minute ago, Lou said:

If I had a guaranteed contract worth over $400M and a wife at home expecting our first child, I wouldn't go to work on Monday. 

And if you had less money but the ability to take time off of work you do the same thing. 

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

If I had a guaranteed contract worth over $400M and a wife at home expecting our first child, I wouldn't go to work on Monday. 

You don't eat nails*, either!

*I don't actually know what this means. 

30 minutes ago, oldguy said:

Just saw Kiid 27  talking on the news up here in NorCal.  I agree, he is on his way to opting out.  He'll use protecting his family and soon-to-be newborn as his reason.  Frankly, he's just not a "I eat nails" clubhouse leader.  He's always conceded alpha-maleship to Pujols, and Albert is 9 years removed from being the alpha male.  

Don't blame Trump for this Covid-19 thing.  Honest scientists admit we have another two years to deal with it.  We can't just stop the world and lock down for that long.  The just over one percent infected rate in MLB is frightening because we have to get to 70% before there is herd immunity.  A vaccine before this happens would be a modern day miracle.  

Soooo, Kiid 27, I say this to you......"The only way around this thing is right through it!!!"  I'm 65 years old and I'm going to work on Monday!!!

The health and safety of Trout and his family should be priority one. Covid-19 is going to result in plenty more cases and opt outs because sensible players will finally figure out that fan-less baseball is pointless during a pandemic. As for Pujols, someone mentioned snails. 

30 minutes ago, Stradling said:

What a fucking joke.  If you didn’t want to work on Monday you should have made better choices. 

I didn't say I didn't WANT to work on Monday, I just said I am going to.  If I didn't want to, I wouldn't.  The fact is...if Trout opts out, he just doesn't want it.

2 minutes ago, RendZone said:

The health and safety of Trout and his family should be priority one. Covid-19 is going to result in plenty more cases and opt outs because sensible players will finally figure out that fan-less baseball is pointless during a pandemic. As for Pujols, someone mentioned snails. 

Like I said, we are two years away from this thing ending.  We are at 5-7% infected rate and we're going to 70.  We need to learn to deal with it.

9 minutes ago, oldguy said:

I didn't say I didn't WANT to work on Monday, I just said I am going to.  If I didn't want to, I wouldn't.  The fact is...if Trout opts out, he just doesn't want it.

And wearing a face mask is for wimps*.

-some oldguy

*plus it impedes nail eating

15 minutes ago, oldguy said:

If Trout opts out it has nothing to do with him wanting it. 

22 minutes ago, oldguy said:

Congrats

2 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

Stops people from putting their fingers in their mouth or nose. 

What I see is people repeatedly pulling and adjusting their mask.  Especially when they are talking and the mask starts slipping.  If you don't want covid-19 then replace "Wear a mask, wash your hands, and distance" with "distance, distance, and more distance".

2 minutes ago, Slegnaac said: