• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How many MLB players will opt out for 2020

14 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Stratomatic seems to be implying that (.201 BA).

18 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Hopefully Albert Pujols.

(I said it just to take away thunder from You Know Who)

Well Albert’s dad is in a little legal trouble right now so. Well actually he’s in a lot of trouble. Like lock him up for life trouble. 

8 hours ago, RendZone said:

Well Albert’s dad is in a little legal trouble right now so. Well actually he’s in a lot of trouble. Like lock him up for life trouble. 

I didn't even know what you were talking about.  Had to Google it.  Now that I've seen it, I'm surprised it hasn't been written/gossiped about more than it has been.  Most of the local papers didn't even mention that he was Albert's dad.  Usually, news articles mention a "famous" connection even if they're like 3rd cousins twice removed.

So far three washed up vets have opted out. 

Cool..

So Ian Desmond, why didn't you file a complaint before? I'm guessing he laughed at those clubhouse jokes before, but now because it's cool to jump on everyone is a racist bandwagon and let's cancel everything, especially since he'll probably never be in a clubhouse again...why not?

2 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

I didn't even know what you were talking about.  Had to Google it.  Now that I've seen it, I'm surprised it hasn't been written/gossiped about more than it has been.  Most of the local papers didn't even mention that he was Albert's dad.  Usually, news articles mention a "famous" connection even if they're like 3rd cousins twice removed.

Albert’s dad is in deep sh*t if those allegations are true. 

C900C127-E139-4B4D-BBF3-042E13234E3D.jpeg

Edited by RendZone

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Cool..

So Ian Desmond, why didn't you file a complaint before? I'm guessing he laughed at those clubhouse jokes before, but now because it's cool to jump on everyone is a racist bandwagon and let's cancel everything, especially since he'll probably never be in a clubhouse again...why not?

Dumbest argument ever 8% black players in the league. Like anyone cares that the NBA and Football are 90% black. If you’re good enough you’ll make it. Black athletes are playing those sports at higher frequency than baseball. It’s quicker to get to the pros you don’t have to jump through 15 minor league stops to get there. I hate this argument so much if you can’t tell. 

44 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Dumbest argument ever 8% black players in the league. Like anyone cares that the NBA and Football are 90% black. If you’re good enough you’ll make it. Black athletes are playing those sports at higher frequency than baseball. It’s quicker to get to the pros you don’t have to jump through 15 minor league stops to get there. I hate this argument so much if you can’t tell. 

You can make a lot better money quicker in the NFL and NBA. Guys tend to only choose MLB if they’re really committed to it or they’re not good enough at football or basketball. There is a point to be made that youth baseball can be difficult due to rising costs, so that’s something to keep in mind, I suppose. 

2 hours ago, Kevinb said:

It just really annoys me how people don’t talk about the rising amount of Latino players in the league... like black people are the only minority group that counts in sports. Why is there like 2% Latino players in basketball? Does that not matter? Baseball is actually a real diverse sport... way more diverse then Basketball that’s for damn sure. 

9 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Cool..

Look if it’s true then who gives a shit that he came out now.  If the clubhouses are racist or homophobic then why does it matter that it took this for him to speak out.  Wrong is wrong.  Also he has a contract through next season. So I’m sure he will see a clubhouse again.  Come on Chuck you are better than this. 

I totally understand vets players at the end of their career who already made millions to opt out -- basically retire.  I probably would.  Why bother at this point in your career if you've made millions and even more so if you've already won a ring....to play part time as a roster vet.  Just stay at your huge house, pool and hang with your kids.  Guys under 30 -- no way dude, i'm playing.

BTW, not sure if i saw it discussed somewhere else, but i heard Buster Olney say that he put's the odds of finishing the 2020 at 0%....and simply starting at 5.  What-the-what?!?!  I can understand the pessimism about finishing due to it being in late Fall and flu/cold season starting combined with CV19.  0% seems very pessimistic.  But only 5% for starting a month from now seems extreme (i could understand 40-65% range).  Beyond just baseball, i sure as heck hope his predictions are way, way off.  

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Look if it’s true then who gives a shit that he came out now.  If the clubhouses are racist or homophobic then why does it matter that it took this for him to speak out.  Wrong is wrong.  Also he has a contract through next season. So I’m sure he will see a clubhouse again.  Come on Chuck you are better than this. 

The question is should locker room banter be publicized? Of course there’s shit talking bad jokes and comments about women. They’re 20 something year old guys who for the most part are hooking up with chicks in all different cities. I had a friend in college who had her apartment paid for by ARod for a year plus while he was playing for the Yankees. This shit isn’t news it’s just idiotic to go run to the press about it. I don’t know just my two cents. 

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

I stand by my comments, @Stradling. I don't get the "Come on Chuck you are better than this" comment either. 

Let me elaborate. 

I've always been raised that whenever you have a problem with a family member, friend or co-worker, you go to that person in private or in some rare cases publicly and address it. Today, there's been an attack on masculinity so it doesn't surprise me that men aren't grown-ups or real men anymore, so they take to social media or the media outlets to blast you or to file their complaints, when they had a chance to address them to the perpetrators as they happened. 

Again, I'm guessing he's laughed at and/or said gay and racial jokes in the past but now that the in-thing is to take to social media to claim that the World is racist and homophobic it comes across as disingenuous. 

19 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

The question is should locker room banter be publicized? Of course there’s shit talking bad jokes and comments about women. They’re 20 something year old guys who for the most part are hooking up with chicks in all different cities. I had a friend in college who had her apartment paid for by ARod for a year plus while he was playing for the Yankees. This shit isn’t news it’s just idiotic to go run to the press about it. I don’t know just my two cents. 

Correct.