• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pitching depth chart Reid Detmers

Where would you put Detmers on depth chart for halo starters?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

30 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Where would you put Detmers on depth chart for halo starters?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

He doesn’t make the depth chart this season. He’s going to the farm. 

1 hour ago, RendZone said:

I don’t believe he will have any significant role on the 2020 Angels team. 

Professional prospect analyst who literally gets paid to know this stuff and get it right: “He should be a part of the team this season. I’d think about starting him.”

A8173A87-44BD-4A6C-8B81-BD28EEE24EA7.thumb.jpeg.adc870accdbc2d1562fe30d1ecd46e81.jpeg9109C4BB-E7C1-4267-B19A-E7D581817E0E.thumb.jpeg.26e57fd4e0080b1576fca1e5686ffec1.jpeg

Random dude on internet: Nah. 

🤔🤔🤔

Seems legit. 

here's the thing, when was the last time we had a guy that made the Big leagues the same year he was drafted? Brandon Fingan, was the last one I think and his career has fallen.

theres a reason why these guy dont get called up the same year they were drafted, there still developing. Reid still has more development to go thru,  both physically and pitching. I say allow him to develop in a control environment, rather than call him up. last thing you want is, some thing to go real bad and affect the guys comfort level on the mound. Suarez was the perfect guy last year, you could see he was totally uncomfortable at times.

3 hours ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

here's the thing, when was the last time we had a guy that made the Big leagues the same year he was drafted? Brandon Fingan, was the last one I think and his career has fallen.

theres a reason why these guy dont get called up the same year they were drafted, there still developing. Reid still has more development to go thru,  both physically and pitching. I say allow him to develop in a control environment, rather than call him up. last thing you want is, some thing to go real bad and affect the guys comfort level on the mound. Suarez was the perfect guy last year, you could see he was totally uncomfortable at times.

12 hours ago, Pancake Bear said:

Professional prospect analyst who literally gets paid to know this stuff and get it right: “He should be a part of the team this season. I’d think about starting him.”

A8173A87-44BD-4A6C-8B81-BD28EEE24EA7.thumb.jpeg.adc870accdbc2d1562fe30d1ecd46e81.jpeg9109C4BB-E7C1-4267-B19A-E7D581817E0E.thumb.jpeg.26e57fd4e0080b1576fca1e5686ffec1.jpeg

Random dude on internet: Nah. 

🤔🤔🤔

Seems legit. 

Huh. Still works. 

1 hour ago, Pancake Bear said:

Huh. Still works. 

Just so I can stay consistent I don’t think any group does a great job of evaluating prospects because the job is too big with too many prospects to grade/evaluate.  That being said I like when Keith Law is complementary of our club since he’s the guy who once said we had the worst farm he’s ever seen.   

I think the roster will be utilized differently than any regular season, because of the short season and expanded rosters. I think 8-9 different starters will get innings by piggybacking them early on. Example, Heaney throws 4-5 innings , then Andriese takes over. Then Ohtani and Suarez. Bundy and say Pena.etc. After 3-4 times thru the rotation they find out who is progressing good and go with that group. That way when the rosters start dropping, more guys are built up. Then if they are in the playoffs we will see the guys who have pitched the best.

Barria and Suarez will be different pitchers this year under the guidance of Callaway.  Both pitchers looked confused and lost last year suggesting very little tangible feedback was being provided to them.  Last year they both appeared to be "trying to figure it out" without much help.  I think Callaway will be instrumental in revitalizing them both....they are both still young and able to impact the Angels future.

7 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Callaway is the ace in the hole.

I'm really hoping he can make a big difference.

It would be huge for us if he can get the pitching staff going in the right direction and improve.

Sometimes it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Edited by Redondo

10 hours ago, Redondo said:

I'm really hoping he can make a big difference.

It would be huge for us if he can get the pitching staff going in the right direction and improve.

Sometimes it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Doug White might as well have been talking in Russian.  

I think the National media is drastically underestimating Callaway's influence on the staff. Scott Radinsky had been fired the year before midseason. The 2012 Indians staff had a 4.78 ERA (14th out of 14), with the 13/14 strikeouts, 13/14 walks and 12/14 in hits.

Cleveland's rotation in Year 2013 improved to 7/14 in ERA and 2/14 in Strikeouts but Still was 13/14 in walks allowed. 3/14 in hits.

In 2014 ERA was up to 5/14 , 1/14 in SO, and 7/14 in walks. 7/14 in hits.

In 2015 ERA was 2/14, 1/14 in SO, 1/14 in walks. 1/14 in hits.

In 2016 ERA was 2/15, 1/15 in SO, 4/15 in walks, 1/15 in hits.

in 2017 ERA was 2/15, 1/15 in SO, 1/15 in walks, 1/15 in hits.

3 hours ago, Hubs said:

I think the National media is drastically underestimating Callaway's influence on the staff. Scott Radinsky had been fired the year before midseason. The 2012 Indians staff had a 4.78 ERA (14th out of 14), with the 13/14 strikeouts, 13/14 walks and 12/14 in hits.

Cleveland's rotation in Year 2013 improved to 7/14 in ERA and 2/14 in Strikeouts but Still was 13/14 in walks allowed. 3/14 in hits.

In 2014 ERA was up to 5/14 , 1/14 in SO, and 7/14 in walks. 7/14 in hits.

In 2015 ERA was 2/14, 1/14 in SO, 1/14 in walks. 1/14 in hits.

In 2016 ERA was 2/15, 1/15 in SO, 4/15 in walks, 1/15 in hits.

in 2017 ERA was 2/15, 1/15 in SO, 1/15 in walks, 1/15 in hits.

They shaved off basically a whole point of ERA from 4.78 to 3.82 between 2012 and 2013. How much of that was Callaway is debatable. You’d have to compare who they were both working with and so forth. But the whole staff didn’t get overhauled in one season. 

It was 75% the same staff between 2012 and 2013, Kluber didn't make a huge jump until 2014, Bauer was their worst regular starter in 2015 when he arrived. Clevinger didn't breakout until 2017.