Sign in to follow this  
wopphil

New car

I am currently driving a built up 2008 Jeep with over 200k miles and it gets about 14 mpg.

i am thinking about going EV and keeping the Jeep for fun. 

When the world was normal, I was filling up twice a week or about $450 a month on gas.

The problem is EV’s are changing sooo quickly. 

11 hours ago, Tank said:

not gonna lie, buddy, it's the sweetest ride in my hood. my neighbors always stop what they're doing and point at you whenever you drive by. I think it's because of envy.

Unknown.jpeg

One of my past vehicles was a 1982 Dodge 400. Basically the two-door sedan version of this. Sales manager's demo, two-tone paint, gold and brown, with tan leather interior and every conceivable option, had the Mitsubishi 2.6L engine. Sweet car - except that the transmission dumped out three times while I owned the car. After the third time, I parted ways with it.

My car was basically like the car in the photo - except with the brown and gold reversed.

File:Dodge 400.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

On 6/28/2020 at 9:47 AM, Tank said:

not gonna lie, buddy, it's the sweetest ride in my hood. my neighbors always stop what they're doing and point at you whenever you drive by. I think it's because of envy.

Unknown.jpeg

Ballsy move Tank to get out of that beauty and take a pic while you were at Lion Country Safari.  

Even crazier to go there with the top down.  Insane

3 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

Ballsy move Tank to get out of that beauty and take a pic while you were at Lion Country Safari.  

Even crazier to go there with the top down.  Insane

well, i like to live on the edge. anyone who knows me can testify to that.

one time at an angels game in the mid-90s they played the "CHARGE!!" song on the organ, and i said charge first before anyone else inside the ballpark. that's how prepared i was that night (and every night since).

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Tank said:

well, i like to live on the edge. anyone who knows me can testify to that.

one time at an angels game in the mid-90s they played the "CHARGE!!" song on the organ, and i said charge first before anyone else inside the ballpark. that's how prepared i was that night (and every night since).

You probably start standing up with 2 outs in the top of the 7th inning also In giddy anticipation of Buttercup.

Preparation is the key.

Edited by PattyD22

2 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

You probably start standing up with 2 outs in the top of the 7th inning also In giddy anticipation of Buttercup.

Preparation is the key.

preparation is exactly the key, and that's why i stand up early and leave so i don't have to hear buttercup. i've discovered that the 7th inning is a good time for some ice cream.

On 6/30/2020 at 9:02 PM, Tank said:

preparation is exactly the key, and that's why i stand up early and leave so i don't have to hear buttercup. i've discovered that the 7th inning is a good time for some ice cream.

Anytime is a good time for ice cream 

54 minutes ago, Slegnaac said:

Anytime is a good time for ice cream 

It’s even better when there’s a goofy song blasting throughout the stadium that you don’t want to hear.

So, I got the car Sunday. I ended up getting a higher end model. They took $14,000+ off the MSRP.  I asked the salesman if I could just buy the car at that price. He said no, the huge discount included incentives only available for leases. But once you have the vehicle, you can buy it out for whatever you owe on the lease. So I can convert my lease to a purchase by taking out a loan with my credit union, and I still get the benefit of the lease price. I doubt I’ll do that, but it’s an easy way to purchase the vehicle at a massively discounted price.