• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Burning Questions with regards to the 2020 Angels short-season

Chuck

26 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

How do you guys feels about the new Stupid Extra Inning rule? after the 10th, the hitting team gets a guy on 2nd to start the inning of?

personally I understand the reason, due to the Pandemic, but I hope this stupid, and horrendous rule is kicked out of baseball after this season.

It's necessary because the chance of getting the covid increases dramatically once they hit extra innings.

So damn stupid.

30 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

How do you guys feels about the new Stupid Extra Inning rule? after the 10th, the hitting team gets a guy on 2nd to start the inning of?

personally I understand the reason, due to the Pandemic, but I hope this stupid, and horrendous rule is kicked out of baseball after this season.

It’s called the Cam Bedrosian rule.

35 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

I want to see it in action before passing Judgement. 

1. 3 games is 5 percent of the season. That's like 8 games in a full season.  I hope all is well in the Trout household.

2. Jo Adell is on the 29-player roster or he must wait until next season.

3. Detmers would be an experiment. A 60-game season is no time for other experiments.

4. As an only-on-Sunday (or whatever other day) pitcher, Ohtani pitches maybe 9 times in 60 games. And if he sits the day before pitching, that's 41 or so DH games. Hope he avoids blisters and stubbed toes.

5. Who other than the coaches and med staff know if Canning is in game shape? Everyone will find out before August.

6. If Ohtani is only once a week, it's probably a rotation of six by default. They better all be decent. A 6-game losing streak is like a 16-game streak in baseball years.

7. Danged if I have any idea.

8. If the pitchers give up a lot of runs, the Angels better score every which way they can.

9. Doubt it.

10. Only four untested prospects in the Angels class of 2020. Don't see any going bye-bye for a 2-week stretch run reliever.

1 hour ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

It's stupid if it's permanent. 

16 minutes ago, RBM said:

Of course it’s my opinion Stradling. This medium was created to convey opinions and this is mine. 

The point is I didn’t think Eppler was going to resign Simmons and I don’t think Covid 19 has changed his plans - unless the FA market completely caves in and Simmons takes something like 1/$4M.

The problem with your statement was that it was written as if it was a fact that had already occured. 

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

My opinion is there’s now a better chance of him coming back as his price (all prices) is going to come down.  If you can get Simmons for 3 years and $36-40 million you probably jump at it.  

Maybe Simmons wants a lot more money and years. Maybe he’s listening to his agent. Maybe he wants to test the market. Maybe the Angels aren’t the perfect situation for him. Maybe he’s a head case and he’s not the perfect situation for the Angels. 

22 minutes ago, RendZone said:

Maybe Simmons wants a lot more money and years. Maybe he’s listening to his agent. Maybe he wants to test the market. Maybe the Angels aren’t the perfect situation for him. Maybe he’s a head case and he’s not the perfect situation for the Angels. 

He will be back in an Angels uniform.  According to all earlier reports, he likes playing for the Angels.  Anyone saying he would be easily replaced has not been watching him play.

I would rather have Eppler focusing on finding better pitching with Simmons at shortstop than on finding pitching and a replacement shortstop.  Think similar situations from the past involving left field, or third base, or second base and how well it worked out.

6 minutes ago, eligrba said:

He will be back in an Angels uniform.  According to all earlier reports, he likes playing for the Angels.  Anyone saying he would be easily replaced has not been watching him play.

I would rather have Eppler focusing on finding better pitching with Simmons at shortstop than on finding pitching and a replacement shortstop.  Think similar situations from the past involving left field, or third base, or second base and how well it worked out.

You must be new here because He won’t do that.  He’s only focused on whatever could possibly go wrong versus being a fan with any sense of balance. However you say Chicken Little in Canadian is what he is. 

48 minutes ago, eligrba said:

But if he’s looking for a lucrative last contract for 5-6 years he’s gone. 

46 minutes ago, Stradling said:

You must be new here because He won’t do that.  He’s only focused on whatever could possibly go wrong versus being a fan with any sense of balance. However you say Chicken Little in Canadian is what he is. 

81dexZZwM5L._SL1500_.jpg