• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Albert Pujols is overpaid, but he’s also an awesome human being

3 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

They’re his employees, not Albert’s. It’s ridiculous that after losing millions himself this season, Albert is covering a significant portion of money that Arte is too cheap to take care of himself. 

Maybe if Albert offered to give some money to Arte they’d be playing right now.

3 hours ago, Pancake Bear said:

https://www.latimes.com/sports/angels/story/2020-06-18/albert-pujols-pay-salaries-angels-furloughed-staff-dominican-republic

If a player has to be overpaid, I’m glad when it’s someone like Albert who actually uses it to help people. 

Also, f Arte. 

3 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

A lot of players have stepped up to pay the small time employees that the billionaire owners won’t.

2 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

I'm so over Arte.

Just sell the team and go away.

Hey everyone, ease off of Arte.  He needs yacht fuel. Seriously, Pujols lost half a season's salary, one of the higher amounts on his contract mind you, and is paying the employees and he's worth maybe 1/10 of Arte.  David Price is also paying every Dodgers minor leaguer 1k.  Not a good look for owners. 

section 8.42 of his personal services contract:

"At any given point of the set forth agreement should a worldwide viral pandemic occur, the employee is obligated to cover any and all employee costs for his native Dominican Republic on behalf of his employer in the instance that furloughs are necessary to maintain his employers tres commas lifestyle.  

16 minutes ago, ukyah said:

when was the last "good look" for owners? fair question, i'm sure there's something, but nothing comes to mind.

When he Arte agreed to pay Pujols a quarter of a billion dollars.

12 hours ago, Dochalo said:

"At any given point of the set forth agreement should a worldwide viral pandemic occur, the employee is obligated to cover any and all employee costs for his native Dominican Republic on behalf of his employer in the instance that furloughs are necessary to maintain his employers tres commas lifestyle. 

How long?

On 6/18/2020 at 8:52 PM, Lou said:

When he Arte agreed to pay Pujols a quarter of a billion dollars.

that's not in the spirit of what i asked. i'm not asking if the owners are cheap, blah, blah, blah. i don't find that conversation very interesting. i was just looking for an act that wasn't solely for profit, which the pujols signing was as well.

On 6/18/2020 at 8:50 PM, Dochalo said:

i see it in writing, and that's good enough for me. let's get this on fox news statum, doc.

9 minutes ago, ukyah said:

that's not in the spirit of what i asked. i'm not asking if the owners are cheap, blah, blah, blah. i don't find that conversation very interesting. i was just looking for an act that wasn't solely for profit, which the pujols signing was as well.

https://www.mlb.com/angels/community/community-calendar

He also supports programs for underprivileged children.