• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

League & Union Reportedly "Closing In" On Deal For 2020 Season

m0nkey

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

That’s fair.  So if you were Tony Clark would you have just accepted this 60 game offer?  Even if it’s the first good faith offer?

No, he still has to represent the players and do whatever is best for them. When they say when and where though, I’m sure many thought they’d take any offer that included 100% prorated because that’s been reported as the big issue. When they’re offered 60 games at 100% and come back for more (which they are entitled to do, as you mentioned it’s part of negotiating) it contradicts the whole when and where piece the players were so quick to shout the other day. 

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

Some people don't take a person's bank account into consideration when supporting a particular side.

You might be the only one on the owners side who doesn’t.  Or else the term greedy wouldn’t be used to describe the players. 

3 minutes ago, RendZone said:

That can be said for every ticket or jersey or MLB TV package ever purchased that you’re helping a billionaire become a bigger billionaire. 

That's completely unrelated. Fans pay for baseball because they enjoy and want to support baseball, not because they want to support billionaires.

39 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

No, he still has to represent the players and do whatever is best for them. When they say when and where though, I’m sure many thought they’d take any offer that included 100% prorated because that’s been reported as the big issue. When they’re offered 60 games at 100% and come back for more (which they are entitled to do, as you mentioned it’s part of negotiating) it contradicts the whole when and where piece the players were so quick to shout the other day. 

The ownerships reply to 'when and where' was effectively 'we are going to cancel the season.' 

29 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Y'all enjoying this up and down ride?

rollercoaster GIF

The leaks are only creating more and more BS ...   Given the slant presented by Heyman -- it seems pretty obvious who is driving these leaks.

People really need to understand how this works.    The "tell us where and when" conversation relates to the agreement on Marsh 26th, not a new different proposal.   Owners and their mouthpiece going back to the players with yet another proposal isn't a case of being told when and where, it's a continued attempt to try to get a deal that's favorable to their side.   

So, that being said -- if they are going to continue to negotiate the should keep "leaks" from happening and actually negotiation without trying to win the court of popular opinion.

20 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

I don’t know how anyone can be on one side now. Both sides just look like clowns now

I agree.

I mean I get why the owners are being tough here, but in the end of there is no baseball this year it's going to look bad for the entire game and the players will take the blunt of the blame by the casual and average fan -- not so much those who have followed the negotiations closely or those on community forums. 

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

That is a great example of the trouble I have with the direction the league has been going of late. There is no voice for the fans.

When I read that they’re considering selling advertising patches on their uniforms it just shows me the endless greed that the league is falling into. They’re lowering their standards for greedy purposes. Do they not have enough advertising at the stadium? They have tons of commercials that come with those TV contracts. Do they not have naming rights on stadiums? I’m fine with a little NIKE swoosh but come on. Baseball cannot be hurting that bad to the point of selling all of its traditions. 

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

Yep -- just STFU and either do what you said, or negotiate in private.  But please just STFU already.

And when it’s all settled the huddled masses will return with their cash in hand ready and knowing that they’re going to get fleeced with higher ticket prices again. 

3 minutes ago, RendZone said:

And when it’s all settled the huddled masses will return with their cash in hand ready and knowing that they’re going to get fleeced with higher ticket prices again. 

Yep and some of us will enjoy baseball being back while the others will continue to hate their favorite sport.