• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

League & Union Reportedly "Closing In" On Deal For 2020 Season

m0nkey

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Except they were only guaranteed $1.25 billion in the last deal.  

Yeah. Under the former deal, the extra was contingent on playoffs being played. Also, it's doubtful that will be the final total in any case. Up till now, though, the owners had been screwing around with potential money that was dependent on certain things - primarily playoff games. It was inconsistent with the CBA, though. Fortunately they've got their heads out of their asses and a deal looks like it might happen this weekend.

Just an FYI.

NHL is already saying they won't start 2020-2021 season till January.  

You are already in June.  Figure you won't start till July, might even be mid July because you need a training camp.  25 games a monthish.  12 in July, 25 in August, 25 in September.  October for playoffs.  

2 hours ago, Tank said:

"Alex, I'll take "Things I don't understand about a worldwide pandemic and how extending a full season into the rains & snows of winter will be a major problem in the north, midwest, and east' for a thousand."

They're gonna need a bigger blue tile.

11 minutes ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

1 game season. First team to score wins the WS

They could at least make a weekend out of it. Two games each Friday and Saturday with the championship game Sunday morning. Followed by a team meal at Shakey's or Acapulco.

And my guess will be it's going to be a 48 game season.  6 game (3 games each) home and  6 game away against each team in your division.  Play 3 games, travel/test day, rinse and repeat. (64 days)  Top two teams make the playoffs.  At most you could probably do a 4+4 home and away against each team in your division.  (80 days)  That would be 64 games, but it would be pushing winter baseball and possible cancellation.  It just seems like it's the only balanced way to do an abbreviated season. You start playing out of your division, and you get the unbalanced nature of playing against stronger/weaker foes, which other teams in your division might not face.  And I also wouldn't be surprised if they have the playoffs in Florida or Arizona.  

1 hour ago, m0nkey said:

“Tell us when and where!”

Spot on @m0nkey. I was just going here to post this.

If the players now push back on the amount of games, F all them.

But really, if the season isn't going to start until mid July how you going to play that many more games than 60? I mean 70 at most because you gotta have some offdays here and there. 

C'mon assholes! 

Who gives a crap what Fauchi says, if it were up to him we'd all be inside our houses the rest of our lives (That way we can be safe). 

Like a bunch of chickens waiting for the AX to fall. 

F that get out there, enough of this.

What the hell happened to this country