• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Other than another record home run chase, what other records could help save baseball?

Stanton, Judge, and Trout are the names that comes up of players who can break the single season home run record. Having even one guy go for the home run record would bring back fans like 1998. Does not matter about your stance on the steroids stuff, the McGwire and Sosa home run chase did bring back fans. Other records that can save the sports, in my opinion, could be 200 RBI's and the chase for a .400 batting average (Batting average is flawed but many people still are excited about it).

It doesn’t need saving.  Baseball is stepping on its dick time and time again during this time.  In the middle of the dick stomp they got a TV extension from Turner.  The National TV contracts could pay them in excess $2 billion annually. That doesn’t include the local tv revenue. I’m guessing once they start to see less revenue they’ll be more interested in saving the game. 

8 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

Stanton, Judge, and Trout are the names that comes up of players who can break the single season home run record. Having even one guy go for the home run record would bring back fans like 1998. Does not matter about your stance on the steroids stuff, the McGwire and Sosa home run chase did bring back fans. Other records that can save the sports, in my opinion, could be 200 RBI's and the chase for a .400 batting average (Batting average is flawed but many people still are excited about it).

I think this would be awesome. I remember those days of watching Big Mac and Sosa chase that record. It was one of baseballs greatest all-time highlights.

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

It doesn’t need saving.  Baseball is stepping on its dick time and time again during this time.  In the middle of the dick stomp they got a TV extension from Turner.  The National TV contracts could pay them in excess $2 billion annually. That doesn’t include the local tv revenue. I’m guessing once they start to see less revenue they’ll be more interested in saving the game. 

As a fan, the days of Big Mac, Sosa and Bonds brought in a lot of viewership. The game needs some changes that will make baseball a more exciting game to watch and an even better product. I've mentioned a few that could help the game without hurting the game. @JustATroutFanis spot on with regards to the game needing to get back it's mojo.

And when it comes to the home run record, guys like Stanton, Judge, and Trout don't have to break the single season home run record of 73. Whether that record of 73 is legit in your eyes or not. But having even one guy hit over 60 home runs would bring fans back. The hitter, or hitters, don't have to break the home run record of 73. They just need to keep the world interested in the sport of baseball every single day. 

On 6/15/2020 at 8:53 PM, Don said:

The chase for .400 would be huge, but really only in the last month of a season. Someone going after DiMaggio’s hitting streak would be big too, but probably only after game 40 or so.

If it was ever going to happen it would be in a half a season like this. Sadly with strikeouts so high, and defenses to tailored to hitters tendencies it's still highly unlikely.

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 7:39 PM, Stradling said:

That's what's making the owners hard line stance so pissy, getting all of that extra TV revenue and essentially sitting on it.   

As they would say on Happy Days, Sit On it Owners!