• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020 Undrafted Amateur Selection Thread

Chuck

Undrafted Tracker

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/2020-mlb-undrafted-free-agent-tracker-agreements-for-all-30-teams/

25 Seniors to watch as potential undrafted amateurs.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/top-25-seniors-to-watch-in-2020-mlb-draft-undrafted-free-agent-market/

I'm skeptical as to whether the Angels will actually sign any undrafted free agents.

If Arte Moreno was one of the owners against having the draft period, as FanGraphs reported, then I really wonder whether he's going to want to spend any money on these undrafted free agents (even though $20,000 is pocket change for him).

It's less money than you would normally be able to spend on a 40th round pick.  

so far of the 40 players signed, there have been 4 who are in BA's top 500.  They're all in the 400 range.  

this was a concession.  they're essentially UDFAs and in 4 years we'll see a couple of them get a cup of coffee.  

much ado about nothing.  

7 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

It's less money than you would normally be able to spend on a 40th round pick.  

so far of the 40 players signed, there have been 4 who are in BA's top 500.  They're all in the 400 range.  

this was a concession.  they're essentially UDFAs and in 4 years we'll see a couple of them get a cup of coffee.  

much ado about nothing.  

Other thing that has been making the rounds, MLB intends to follow through on reducing the number of minor league teams, so there simply won't be the roster sports available...  Pretty shitty but it makes the Angels course of action a lot clearer.

14 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Other thing that has been making the rounds, MLB intends to follow through on reducing the number of minor league teams, so there simply won't be the roster sports available...  Pretty shitty but it makes the Angels course of action a lot clearer.

while I side with the owners on what they're doing with the mlbpa to try and get baseball going again, I think killing the industry of minor league baseball is a huge mistake.  Every industry has loss leaders and if the minors are that for mlb, then they should support it in order to keep the game relevant on a micro level.  It's so short sighted to do what they're doing for a couple extra mil in their pockets.  

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

while I side with the owners on what they're doing with the mlbpa to try and get baseball going again, I think killing the industry of minor league baseball is a huge mistake.  Every industry has loss leaders and if the minors are that for mlb, then they should support it in order to keep the game relevant on a micro level.  It's so short sighted to do what they're doing for a couple extra mil in their pockets.  

There isn't a voice for the game in the room anymore.

6 hours ago, Dochalo said:

I disagree. I think baseball needs a revolution. Having 48 minor league teams per major league team is a bad idea. I can't imagine those teams are money generating. This is the only major sport that has this many minor leagues for their major league sport. Time to trim the fat. Make it 1-3 minor league teams each team and be done with it. Pay them more and expand the rosters if you want. But it's time to bring baseball in with the times. If people wanna start independent leagues for everything else go right ahead. 

I guess what I wonder is, last year, we found 40 rounds worth of draftable players, and even signed our 39th round pick - pick 1,171 -  for $50k.

This year, everyone after the 5th round is just festering garbage?  

If that's the case, why do we ever draft past the 5th round?  Why does *anyone*?  

I think the Angels needed to sign someone, *anyone*, just so the fans know they're at least trying.