• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels select Louisville LHP Reid Detmers 10th overall

mmc

5 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

What do we think of this guy ?  I’ve seen the description “crafty lefty” which is not typical for a 10 overall pick. 

Multiple sites have him as a top 10 prospect going into the draft ranked as high as 8.  Sounds like a safe pick as his delivery doesn't seem to scare anyone. Unless he adds to his pitches or improves a few it doesn't sound like he'll blow the league away but if he's a legit 3 or 4 whose arm doesn't fall off I think we'd all take that given the luck we've had with pitchers.

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

In the video that @CanadianHalo posted there is a pitch they called 95 mph.  That is good enough for a left handed starter.  And when you throw a change and that curve ball, 95 is plenty.

Doesn't he generally sit 89-91/92, though?  Not discounting that one pitch, but that doesn't seem to be "normal" for him, from what I've read.

The curve is legit and fun to watch.  Curious to see what his K-rate can be with it in the minors/majors.

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

Doesn't he generally sit 89-91/92, though?  Not discounting that one pitch, but that doesn't seem to be "normal" for him, from what I've read.

The curve is legit and fun to watch.  Curious to see what his K-rate can be with it in the minors/majors.

Yea, I guess if he sits at 91 or so and can bring it at 95, with those secondary pitches, I am thinking that will be enough.  

8 minutes ago, Stradling said:
10 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Yea, I guess if he sits at 91 or so and can bring it at 95, with those secondary pitches, I am thinking that will be enough.  

i've heard he usually sits in the low 90s, can reach up to 95. But  has a lot of deception, making that fb look more like it's in the mid 90s.