Sign in to follow this  
BackUpTheTruck

Look at the Polls!!!

Trump was whining earlier about how the "illegal" investigations he's gone through have hurt his poll numbers. He's already making an excuse for if and when he loses in November.

If the Dems lose again, they'll forever be the Seattle Mariners of political parties.

The only time either side cares about a poll is when it suits their needs.  The only thing that matters are the results on election day.  Sometimes that's proven the most vocal groups are just that and not necessarily representative of the nation as a whole.  Also I've yet to come across anyone who has ever been a part of any of the political polls. 

1 minute ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

The only time either side cares about a poll is when it suits their needs.  The only thing that matters are the results on election day.  Sometimes that's proven the most vocal groups are just that and not necessarily representative of the nation as a whole.  Also I've yet to come across anyone who has ever been a part of any of the political polls. 

I always wondered this. I get spam calls or calls to donate to some sheriff association, but have never got one of these calls and I've had the same number since the pager days.

Reminds me of the people I don't know that accept and do jury duty.

I don't know anyone personally that will accept that call and spend however long on the phone answering hypothetical questions or give their opinion. 

On 6/8/2020 at 9:58 PM, Rico said:

Long shot, but this same poll has Trump up +17 in Kentucky. 

Would anyone (except Arte Moreno) be truly disappointed if Mitch McConnell were finally kicked out of Congress ?

1 hour ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I've been randomly selected to participate in two different political polls. So now you can say you know someone.

5 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I don't know you this is the internet.  If I had to guess I'd say retired Republicans and people who jump on the new cause of the week bandwagon on social media make up the bulk of respondents to political polls.

Great guess. I'm sure it's backed up by evidence and not just your gut intuition.

I stated it's a guess not saying it's scientifically proven.  The fwd fwd crowd and the same people who are always liking things online, giving each other thumbs up and referring to people online that they've never met as friends have over inflated senses of self worth just like the rest of us.  They just happen to be more vocal. 

2 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I stated it's a guess not saying it's scientifically proven.  The fwd fwd crowd and the same people who are always liking things online, giving each other thumbs up and referring to people online that they've never met as friends have over inflated senses of self worth just like the rest of us.  They just happen to be more vocal. 

I'm not sure how I got invited to take the two polls I took. One invite came through an email about 2 years ago, the other one was a few weeks ago and I received the invitation via text. Poll organizations use scientific methods for gathering data, including true "random samples" of individuals who should, in theory, represent the feelings of people as a whole. It's not an exact science, which is why there are discrepancies between the results of Poll A and Poll B, etc. That's why it's important to look at multiple polls and see if you can detect trends.

Right now, ALL of the polls have Biden in the lead. That's a trend. Clearly, something broke down between the polls and the 2016 election, as Hillary should have handily won according to the polls. I'm really curious about how it turns out in this election. If Biden still leads in all the polls but Trump wins again, there's obviously something wrong with the science used in conducting the polls.

2 minutes ago, Franklin Bluth said:

I'm not sure how I got invited to take the two polls I took. One invite came through an email about 2 years ago, the other one was a few weeks ago and I received the invitation via text. Poll organizations use scientific methods for gathering data, including true "random samples" of individuals who should, in theory, represent the feelings of people as a whole. It's not an exact science, which is why there are discrepancies between the results of Poll A and Poll B, etc. That's why it's important to look at multiple polls and see if you can detect trends.

Right now, ALL of the polls have Biden in the lead. That's a trend. Clearly, something broke down between the polls and the 2016 election, as Hillary should have handily won according to the polls. I'm really curious about how it turns out in this election. If Biden still leads in all the polls but Trump wins again, there's obviously something wrong with the science used in conducting the polls.

The polls were pretty accurate for the 2018 mid terms.

34 minutes ago, Franklin Bluth said:

The polls weren’t that far off from the popular vote.

6 hours ago, Adam said:

If Trump wins I want him to lose the popular vote by 15 million but win 44 States

Which would beg the question - is the electoral college racist?