• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What defunding the police could look like

29 minutes ago, Rico said:

Remember that scene in Pretty Woman where she goes shopping and the store clerks are all snobby towards her?  Imagine that happening every day of your life in all aspects of your life. 

When you treat people like shit just because of the color of their skin, some start to think, "well there is no legitimate way to improve my situation."

(Not saying it's right or justifiable.)

Still true in some places but  the bad behavior is not helping change the perception. My son's HS was 25% black and was a pretty shitty school. Economically theses black kids were average to above for black families. The majority of suspension are black kids. The school system has a lot of black administrators who failed to address this bad behavior in lower grades. The school was pretty strict on everyone but the blacks. By HS , the population became pretty much what you see looting on tv. My son's best friend is black and a great kid. He also has two parents and was taught right from wrong. 

1 hour ago, Rico said:

Remember that scene in Pretty Woman where she goes shopping and the store clerks are all snobby towards her?  Imagine that happening every day of your life in all aspects of your life. 

When you treat people like shit just because of the color of their skin, some start to think, "well there is no legitimate way to improve my situation."

(Not saying it's right or justifiable.)

Do you treat black people like shit every day? I know I've never done it but you seem to to have some guilt. 

8 hours ago, Rico said:

I hate politicians that talk the talk but don't walk the walk. she also got in the current buzzword of "reimagine public safety" several times in this interview.

so how come she never did any of this while she was the chief law-enforcement officer in California? 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Do you treat black people like shit every day? I know I've never done it but you seem to to have some guilt. 

I try not to, but I believe we all have some level of ingrained racism.  Maybe I don't treat them like shit, but also maybe I'm not as friendly as I could be.

1 hour ago, Rico said:

I try not to, but I believe we all have some level of ingrained racism.  Maybe I don't treat them like shit, but also maybe I'm not as friendly as I could be.

Being friendly is not always the language they speak. I think it works with some but it didn’t work playing basketball in the streets. A white kid had to prove his toughness just for being white. I lived in a shitty neighborhood in Georgia 20 years ago. The young thugs like to block the clusterbox about 3 days a week. I tried the nice approach a few times. I finally just pulled out my Easton and fixed the problem. Violence is the preferred language for a big part of their community