• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020 MLB Amateur Draft Thread (June 10th & 11th)

Chuck

I really liked what we did in the draft -- mostly the 1st and last picks.  We have several high upside, young pitching.  We needed guys like Det/Seminaris -- guys who throw strikes, don't walk hitters and who can impact the team in the next 0-2 3 years.

The two HS kids at OF and SS.....don't as much.  That's an area we have way too may of right now.  Would have preferred to go more P or a catcher instead.  If it's truly BPA, then sure it's ok.  I skeptical the SS was truly BPA versus needing a few extra bucks to spend on signing other guys.  But it seems like we have a bunch of raw 17-19 yr old SS.  We already know we have enough OFs to field a hold division or two for the next 10+ years.  But i do like that both these guys are under-the-radar types and could develop into something really good over the years.  I like that risk taking in the draft.  combined with the two bookend college Ps, it's a good overall draft strategy.

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

So I asked my kid if he know Seminaris since they went to high school, my kids response, “yea, he’s a dick, I hope he does well, but if he doesn’t it will be a lot easier to hate the guy”

To be fair, Jered Weaver is an uber dick. 

But he was our dick. 

We need more dicks on the mound with attitude. 

5 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

When does the period of being able to sign the remaining HS/College amateurs begin? 

"Teams will not be allowed to contact undrafted players, their family members or any player representative from the moment the draft ends until 9 a.m. ET on June 14 and no promises/conversations about signing an undrafted player can take place before or during the draft."

8 minutes ago, Fourts said:

"Teams will not be allowed to contact undrafted players, their family members or any player representative from the moment the draft ends until 9 a.m. ET on June 14 and no promises/conversations about signing an undrafted player can take place before or during the draft."

Weird. 

But OK. 

Damn, phones be ringing off the hook at 9am on Sunday! High Schoolers and College amateurs may be skipping Church this weekend. 

42 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Weird. 

But OK. 

Damn, phones be ringing off the hook at 9am on Sunday! High Schoolers and College amateurs may be skipping Church this weekend. 

The four GMs on the MLB Network pre-draft show let it be known teams were prohibited from contacting draft eligible players until just before the draft.   Seems like MLB locked everyone down to try to level the playing field...

I think the biggest issue with the buying frenzy is that it may not be much of a "frenzy."  The good kids will know they're worth more than 20k, and won't sign.  They'll just stay in school.  (College kids get an extra year of eligibility, I think.) It's the fringe guys that might be the ones to sign. 

40 minutes ago, Fourts said:

Just realized it's 9am EASTERN time zone...so that's 6am on the west coast!  Why the heck that early?  Kinda wack for west coasters being 6am.  

I'm guessing there will be a lot of DocuSign docs getting signed across the US. That's great, my former company's stock is rising! 

On 6/12/2020 at 10:25 AM, Chuckster70 said:

To be fair, Jered Weaver is an uber dick. 

But he was our dick. 

We need more dicks on the mound with attitude. 

On 6/12/2020 at 10:27 AM, Chuckster70 said:

When does the period begin? 

You heard it here first folks! Chuck wants more dicks on the mound when the period begins!

The Angels drafted Detroit Edison Academy's in the fourth round, 111th overall. Blakely is expected to sign with the Angels, @WXYZDetroit has learned. He was committed to Auburn.