• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Unpopular Opinions You Hold vs. Those You Closely Align With

10 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Absolutely. And far too many people in school don't really want to be there... this contributes to the rising costs.

I hear this all the time, but I don't know 1 person who was in college that didn't want to be there. 

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

This is great advice but it really proves my point when all you used to have to tell someone from your parents generation was to finish high school and get a job with a reputable company. There are far more people today who are going to fall through the cracks and end up rioting on the streets. No doubt they've made some poor personal decisions but that isn't going to un-loot the foot locker.

Again, my parents generation was the first that expected indoor plumbing and electricity. Mine was the first to expect to own a car. Today's... holy fracking shit.

People in every generation fell through the cracks. We can't save them all and we can't blame ourselves. We just have to daily do what is right given the circumstances of the times. You'll have to decide on your own what that is. 

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I'm saying a large percentage of the CC crowd are not serious about school, they are there because it's cheap and they can say that they 'tried.' 

Oh, in community colleges, yeah. And think, some want to make CC free. 

6 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Again, my parents generation was the first that expected indoor plumbing and electricity. Mine was the first to expect to own a car. Today's... holy fracking shit.

People in every generation fell through the cracks. We can't save them all and we can't blame ourselves. We just have to daily do what is right given the circumstances of the times. You'll have to decide on your own what that is. 

I don't think the baseline standard of living is relevant. If it was there would be peace and harmony in all of the western world. There is not real poverty in the US today but there is inequality. People are hard wired to see what others have and compare it to themselves. In that context it's important we realize a lot of these societal problems are partly psychological, but that does not make their effects any less real.  

20 hours ago, Randy Gradishar said:

Difference is that working your butt off for a boomer means coasting through high school, going to any college, and coasting through undergrad. Boom, 6 figures.

Working your butt off for current generations means valedictorian who founded 3 clubs and 8+ years of college.

OMG it sounds like...progress. 

20 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I don't think the baseline standard of living is relevant. If it was there would be peace and harmony in all of the western world. There is not real poverty in the US today but there is inequality. People are hard wired to see what others have and compare it to themselves. In that context it's important we realize a lot of these societal problems are partly psychological, but that does not make their effects any less real.  

Good point. The sin of envy led to the first recorded murder and is the basis for all this hate. People blame Trump but the Dems have pushed class warfare for years. The solution is people need to address the sin in their lives. Robbing the rich isn’t going to fix the left’s envious immoral hearts. 

9 hours ago, angelinkc said:

Good point. The sin of envy led to the first recorded murder and is the basis for all this hate. People blame Trump but the Dems have pushed class warfare for years. The solution is people need to address the sin in their lives. Robbing the rich isn’t going to fix the left’s envious immoral hearts. 

that's where I see all of this heading, and it scares me.