• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

PoLOLitics

On 6/4/2020 at 4:05 PM, mtangelsfan said:

I joked before how I have a love hate relationship with politics, I love it and it hates me.  I think am going to alter our relationship.

i have always enjoyed discussing politics with other folk.  I really like discussing it on here.  The problem is there are very few people interested in a discussion anymore.  Most of us surround ourselves with people who think like we do.  Nuance has been destroyed.  We aren’t listening anymore, we just start planning our next response.

the news is now just like the rest of us.  They only worry about pleasing their current customers so they put blowhard political preachers to preach to their choir.  

Our choices for president are a carny or a senile career politician.  

here in my small town we just had our election.  Our incumbent state assemblyman was a Montana conservative.  Pro-gun, pro-life and was a really good person.  Involved in the community, volunteered for a bunch of things kept people informed on what was happening in Helena.  He got voted out because money from uber-conservative came in because he didn’t goose step 100% of the time with them.  They started a horrible smear campaign because he was actually interested in helping our community rather than just falling in line.  

So I am done, I have cast my last vote for anything.  I have no hope for this country.

What you have stated is exactly why my Canadian citizenship may be of use before it is all over. I am seriously investigating the possibilities. I cannot stand what this country has become. It is neither the land of the free nor the home of the brave. Those who do not toe the line of the group in power are reviled and oppressed. Our military, instead of being a "force for good" (as the slogan for the Navy says) is sent into far corners of the world to engage in obscure conflicts to further the political aims of the President, whoever that may be. Hatred and vitriol are the order of the day, and the more extreme the opinion, the more valued it apparently is. 

My minor in college was political science. I once had a keen interest in politics, and I followed it closely. Now, I dread election season. It is an endless parade of ads saying why I shouldn't vote for candidate A instead of why I should vote for candidate B. The focus is on what one person supposedly is rather than what another plans to do if elected. Extremists on both sides rule the day, and compromise is a sign of weakness.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

53 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Now, I dread election season It is an endless parade of ads saying why I shouldn't vote for candidate A instead of why I should vote for candidate B. The focus is on what one person supposedly is rather than what another plans to do if elected. Extremists on both sides rule the day, and compromise is a sign of weakness.

Totally agree.

The endless ads and smear campaigns are terrible. 

Candidates need to stand on their laurels.