• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

PoLOLitics

2 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I joked before how I have a love hate relationship with politics, I love it and it hates me.  I think am going to alter our relationship.

i have always enjoyed discussing politics with other folk.  I really like discussing it on here.  The problem is there are very few people interested in a discussion anymore.  Most of us surround ourselves with people who think like we do.  Nuance has been destroyed.  We aren’t listening anymore, we just start planning our next response.

the news is now just like the rest of us.  They only worry about pleasing their current customers so they put blowhard political preachers to preach to their choir.  

Our choices for president are a carny or a senile career politician.  

here in my small town we just had our election.  Our incumbent state assemblyman was a Montana conservative.  Pro-gun, pro-life and was a really good person.  Involved in the community, volunteered for a bunch of things kept people informed on what was happening in Helena.  He got voted out because money from uber-conservative came in because he didn’t goose step 100% of the time with them.  They started a horrible smear campaign because he was actually interested in helping our community rather than just falling in line.  

So I am done, I have cast my last vote for anything.  I have no hope for this country.

I'm changing my name to Trendsetter.

6 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I joked before how I have a love hate relationship with politics, I love it and it hates me.  I think am going to alter our relationship.

i have always enjoyed discussing politics with other folk.  I really like discussing it on here.  The problem is there are very few people interested in a discussion anymore.  Most of us surround ourselves with people who think like we do.  Nuance has been destroyed.  We aren’t listening anymore, we just start planning our next response.

the news is now just like the rest of us.  They only worry about pleasing their current customers so they put blowhard political preachers to preach to their choir.  

here in my small town we just had our election.  Our incumbent state assemblyman was a Montana conservative.  Pro-gun, pro-life and was a really good person.  Involved in the community, volunteered for a bunch of things kept people informed on what was happening in Helena.  He got voted out because money from uber-conservative came in because he didn’t goose step 100% of the time with them.  They started a horrible smear campaign because he was actually interested in helping our community rather than just falling in line.  

So I am done, I have cast my last vote for anything.  I have no hope for this country.

I you have a mic, drop it.

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

You purposely left out if he was a D or R.    

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

Sucks dude. I gave up on voting a while back. I tried to stick to the local and state level, but it didn’t mean shit.

I got to see what you are talking about. A friend of the family has been a prominent business owner in OC and was getting a ton of support for mayor of a city here, then Disney flipped the script, threw money at the other contender due to some back channel agreement, and basically told him to back down as they’d outspend him for the other guy to win. He ended up dropping out of the race.

Politics are a joke.

58 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I don’t but I also don’t care.  It is enough to know that even small town elections don’t escape it.

The thing that sucks is that small town politics has gone national. Representatives were supposed to stand up for their communities but they are now seen as pawns in national politics hell bent on forcing nation wide policy on local communities.

MT, I know we probably have a ton of disagreements, but I find it somewhat validating to notice even conservatives seeing the writing on the wall. This country is on its way down faster than I thought, it's third act time. I believe things will break down completely in my lifetime and that there will be a different government here before I die, but I have no idea what it will look like. I'm seriously considering Canada.