• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Patrick Corbin 9-0

Yeah because everyone on this board totally saw this coming. And by everyone I mean no one, because he was projected as a #4 starter at best when he was traded and no one batted any eye about losing Corbin when the trade happened. Can't wait for the threads about how we should have kept Chatwood after he has a good start. 

Yeah because everyone on this board totally saw this coming. And by everyone I mean no one, because he was projected as a #4 starter at best when he was traded and no one batted any eye about losing Corbin when the trade happened. Can't wait for the threads about how we should have kept Chatwood after he has a good start.

Speaking of Chatwood. He got called up when he was 21? Still developing after 1 full season and very young. I know we needed a catcher as well. Jw why we gave up on him so quick.

But Haren was 100 times more expensive and a few months shy of 30.  No brainer for this (dis)organization.

You what bugs me, NO ONE...and I mean NO one gave a damn about Corbin being dealt when the trade went down.

And just about everyone felt the Angels got the better deal in the trade.

Thank God for hindsight, so all you geniuses can look good now!

thank you!

Had he stayed in this org, he would have been in AA right now, or possibly

another gas can reliever headed for the scrap heap in a couple years.

The Angels minor league pitching coaches and scouts need an across the board shit-canning.

Start the house-cleaning with Butchy.

I do wonder how good the coaches in the minors are at developing players.

Yep, this is the question that needs to be answered. This wasn't a bad trade at the time because of the evaluation of the players. Someone in the org needs to figure out where's the problem.

It appears to me as more of a systemic problem. I mean, if the coaches did'nt see Corbin's talent potential then how is the GM supposed to make informed decisions regarding trades. I understand that potential is very hard to measure, but you have to ask yourself why Corbin and Segura were able to leave our organization? I know we had just extended Kendrick and Aybar which made Segura expendable. But if anyone had any idea about Segura's talent level then we could have traded Kendrick the year before and saved money on Segura.

Everyone on this board isn't paid to be a scout or GM for the Angels.  They should have saw this coming.  

I miss the days when it looked like Reagins had fleeced then interim DBacks GM Jerry Dipoto.

I specifically remember some posters(myself included) mocking Dipoto for comments he made about Corbin when the deal went down. He talked up his win totals in the minors. Good stuff