• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Policy Reform

7 minutes ago, Tank said:

do their models or projections or whatever they're using show that a decrease in crime if this happens? or just simply a decrease in arrests?

This is a pilot program designed to gather data on just that. I think it makes sense that there are a lot of situations where the police do not need to be the first people called. Far too much of what they do is work that would be better handled by social workers or people trained in working with those with mental illness or drug addiction.

As someone with a mentally ill sister I have had to learn the unintuitive ways in which she needs to be handled. There have been times where the police have been called out because of her and I've seen first hand their lack of training in this area. They will either contribute nothing, arrest her, or lose their cool with her, which - as we've seen lately - is incredibly dangerous. 

16 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Feel the room Florida...

13 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Florida police organization head suspended after offering to hire officers facing misconduct claims | TheHill
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/501927-florida-police-union-president-suspended-following

That was fast.

We have a whole lot of faculty lounge liberals in here. I am willing to bet their only exposure to black culture is Yo MTV Raps and the Fresh Prince. The few black Americans most libs  know are the affirmative actions hires that join them for lattes before mandatory sensitivity training. 

Some of the best people I know are black but they don’t think and act like BLM. Anyone who has ever lived and competed around certain black communities knows there is a very large criminal population. Three criminals are not going to reform themselves just because the libs hand them lunch money and rename the city after a black man. We need enforcement in those communities. Either we pay cops to beat them down or be prepared to administer justice ourselves. Call me crazy but I don’t think an Art degree from Cal equipped libs for this. Defund the Police if you wish.  I don’t want any complaints when you return home from roller blading cashless with a sore ass. 

4 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

We have a whole lot of faculty lounge liberals in here. I am willing to bet their only exposure to black culture is Yo MTV Raps and the Fresh Prince. The few black Americans most libs  know are the affirmative actions hires that join them for lattes before mandatory sensitivity training. 

Some of the best people I know are black but they don’t think and act like BLM. Anyone who has ever lived and competed around certain black communities knows there is a very large criminal population. Three criminals are not going to reform themselves just because the libs hand them lunch money and rename the city after a black man. We need enforcement in those communities. Either we pay cops to beat them down or be prepared to administer justice ourselves. Call me crazy but I don’t think an Art degree from Cal equipped libs for this. Defund the Police if you wish.  I don’t want any complaints when you return home from roller blading cashless with a sore ass. 

Would our asses be sore because roller blading is good for the glutes?