• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Policy Reform

8 minutes ago, Tank said:

this is why i'm not in favor of legalizing all drugs. while it might solve some problems with users and dealers, it will also create some other serious problems with addiction and homelessness, and whatever other problems that will come with what is likely to be an increase in usage.

i'm curious to know if there are enough stats gathered on legal marijuana use to see what has changed, increased, or decreased because of it. i'd look long and hard at that information before proceeding with anything else. i'm most interested in knowing if there's been an increase in DUIs and home burglaries.

Tax revenue, increased.

Other stats I think are muddied.....If I smoke and drink is it marijuana or alcohol related if I commit domestic violence? (Granted I would probably just be asleep)

I don't think the technology is in effect to monitor DUI's, and by the way it's going to be way less than alcohol.

I guarantee no one is doing a home invasion or burglary while high on marijuana. Take some Skywalker or Lemon Haze and you want to clean your house, watch re-runs of Fullhouse, or nap for 14 hours.

8 hours ago, Rico said:

How about not giving cops 79 chances. 

You do know that all use of force incidents are reviewed right? Even the completely justified ones. I think it’s unfair to give them boot just for using force 

5 minutes ago, Adam said:

Man humans are a trip. The corruption, ineptitude and real examples of evil within the State are on full display and the masses’ response is “give us more government!”

Exactly. We need less government. 

5 hours ago, Jason said:

You do know that all use of force incidents are reviewed right? Even the completely justified ones. I think it’s unfair to give them boot just for using force 

Yeah, but this guy was in an incident every two weeks for 3 and half years.

7 hours ago, Adam said:

Man humans are a trip. The corruption, ineptitude and real examples of evil within the State are on full display and the masses’ response is “give us more government!”

Who is asking for more government? The biggest push I'm seeing is 'abolish the police'

27 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Who is asking for more government? The biggest push I'm seeing is 'abolish the police'

I'm seeing law & order republicans asking for military intervention and an expansion of police services. Hopefully it's the case of a small sample size.

13 minutes ago, Adam said:

I'm seeing law & order republicans asking for military intervention and an expansion of police services. Hopefully it's the case of a small sample size.

I took it as upper level government and giving government more control of our lives.

3 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Whiter AND more asian.

Most of my asian friends have been silent on social media recently. 

I've seen at least a dozen white people I know post a variation of the following:

Dear friends of color, please tell me how I can help and be better?

4 minutes ago, Adam said:

Most of my asian friends have been silent on social media recently. 

I've seen at least a dozen white people I know post a variation of the following:

Dear friends of color, please tell me how I can help and be better?

I haven't said A SINGLE THING on social media. Last thing I want is some moron to read their biases into my useless opinion.

18 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

Yeah if I cared I would feel guilty for not posting anything. It seems as though everyone on my timeline is posting the same 6 posts about educating yourself, staying silent is violence, and all the works

It's some combination of masturbation and narcissism. Narcibation.

1 hour ago, Franklin Bluth said:

The CRISES Act (AB 2054) is going to the vote in the California assembly in the next couple weeks. It's good policy that will empower community organizations to deal with certain emergency situations so that the police don't have to. 

https://allianceforbmoc.org/crises-act

I think this is a great idea, and echos some of the discussion on here. I think a lot of cops would probably support something like this as well. Let's take a little of the weight off their shoulders.

42 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I think this is a great idea, and echos some of the discussion on here. I think a lot of cops would probably support something like this as well. Let's take a little of the weight off their shoulders.

Hopefully our assembly votes yes. I've never written a politician before, but am considering writing to my assemblyman.

2 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

do their models or projections or whatever they're using show that a decrease in crime if this happens? or just simply a decrease in arrests?