• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Policy Reform

Cops shouldn't have any protected status when they commit crimes. They should be treated like any other civilian.

Cops should be forced to wear body cams, with footage uploaded to the cloud so it can't go "missing."

100% of cops should have to go through racial sensitivity training on a regular basis.

7 minutes ago, Franklin Bluth said:

Cops shouldn't have any protected status when they commit crimes. They should be treated like any other civilian.

I 'disagree.' People in positions of power need to be held to a HIGHER standard than everyday citizens. Those tasked with preventing crime should be punished more severely than others when they commit crimes.

This goes beyond just police. This should go for every government official.

Just now, AngelsLakersFan said:

I 'disagree.' People in positions of power need to be held to a HIGHER standard than everyday citizens. Those tasked with preventing crime should be punished more severely than others when they commit crimes.

Good point. 

3 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

Look at what happened after Obamacare passed, no trust whatsoever coming from the right.

I think there is broad bi-partisan support for a lot of changes but let's also be clear, I don't think younger people and millennials will give a shit about dissenters over 60 holding things up.

31 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

This goes beyond just police. This should go for every government official.

Amen.

I believe all cops should wear cameras and all these criminals get the same scrutiny as the cops. Everyone deserves to see the 9 unarmed men cops killed and cops deserve to display all the criminals they could have shot but found non lethal means to apprehend. Video will show the looter’s behavior witnessed this week is not all that different from the norm. 

5 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Also here is another look at the problem we are facing...

There have been few policy suggestions in this thread, but one was paying police officers more, while the other was cutting police funding. Maybe these two ideas can still be married together in some way.

It usually doesn’t work that way unless you cut the amount of officers. Newsom is closing at least two prisons next year and those inmates will be released to their counties. This is a disaster waiting to happen 

Cutting police budgets and removing their military equipment is a good start.  There should also be far, far more independent oversight regarding experts and training brought in to work with police departments.  We don’t need the police to behave like occupying troops.   Finally and very obviously, these cops that constantly have complaints brought against them - particularly for physical and certainly lethal incidents need to be handled much more quickly.  We can’t have cops that the community constantly report for abuse remain on the force.  They need to be gotten rid of quickly. 

I don’t support destroying the few remaining bastions of union power.  Public workers are still workers and all workers should be able to organize.  The police unions are a problem because of the poisoned culture of police in America.  Not because they’re unionized.