• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

4 hours ago, Tank said:

I wonder how long they can sustain their energy to keep marching day after day and week after week.

I agree that there will definitely be change that comes from this. the question is always how much and to what degree. you also have to wonder what it will take for the protestors to be satisfied that real change is now being enacted -- what will that change look like?

Well we are paying them to sit on their ass through July. 

3 hours ago, Franklin Bluth said:

The end goal is social and structural change that allows people of color to live freely without fear of authority.

The systems and institutions in our country continue to disenfranchise and marginalize people of color. Those of us who are white but are not speaking up about the problem are complicit in systemic racism. 

At the protest my wife and I participated in yesterday, there was a large emphasis on listening to the stories of black people and the racism they've experienced. There were also people there who were encouraging protesters to register to vote. 

Sit down with any black people you know and ask them to share their stories with you. Or watch YouTube videos of people sharing their stories. It will break your heart.

The sign I held at the protest read "End White Silence." Black people have been fighting this fight since the first slaves were kidnapped and brought to America in 1619. They can't possibly find true freedom unless white people join them in their fight and stand up against oppression.

You should go for a walk in Compton. I am sure there are thousands of black men ready to engage in social debates. 

8 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

They don’t want equality. They want South Africa. The libs have surrendered the cities but these thugs going to discover rural America ain’t going to bow and kiss the ring. 

If you were a real human being and not some alt account you would be a pretty big part of the problem.  

5 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Lol. Everything said in that post was correct. 

Ok, so black people don’t want equality?  Of course they do.  Whether they are going about it the right way (they aren’t) does not mean that isn’t what they want.  If you start a point with total bullshit, then the rest is just white noise.  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

If you were a real human being and not some alt account you would be a pretty big part of the problem.  

I guess so. I pay taxes and follow the law. Served 22 years in the military and married a Mexican. My son does wear a maga hat but we are not going to be card carrying members of the klan anytime soon. I didn’t dedicate my life to serving shitty fries and voting for descendants of the klan. 

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Ok, so black people don’t want equality?  Of course they do.  Whether they are going about it the right way (they aren’t) does not mean that isn’t what they want.  If you start a point with total bullshit, then the rest is just white noise.  

What right do black people not have?

Just now, angelinkc said:

I guess so. I pay taxes and follow the law. Served 22 years in the military and married a Mexican. My son does wear a maga hat but we are not going to be card carrying members of the klan anytime soon. I didn’t dedicate my life to serving shitty fries and voting for descendants of the klan. 

Cool story bro.  How is your Touareg treating you?  Still your favorite car?  

1 hour ago, Lhalo said:

None of the video links work but I figured I'd check for shits n giggles.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-gateway-pundit/%3famp

That's what I call a reputable source.

Edited by tdawg87