• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

4 minutes ago, Angels Never Die said:

Sort of how I feel about people who support the police.

The officer was arrested and is going to be prosecuted. Why continue protesting? What’s their end game here as they savagely destroy one place after another? And why would you support that from them?

9 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I remember her when she sold clothes at The Closet on Main Street in H.B. back in the day. She was a whore then too. She was much hotter back then though. Now she’s all botoxed out and looks like a fat alien. 

The closet was the one next to Taco Bell right? I remember getting shoes there. Anyways my wife knew Chrissy the first year or two of high school and actually had some polaroids she came across of them and some other girls when they were like 15. Said even back then she was a mouthy brat. If she wasn’t married to John Legend she’d be an afterthought just like the other women on that SI cover with her. 

25 minutes ago, Tank said:

According to reports, Chrissy Teigan is putting up bail money for protestors who’ve been arrested in Minneapolis. 
I don’t understand why any sane person would support people who destroy a community. 

92730202-C3C0-402A-AFEE-32B42AE1E2E9.png

Just now, Tank said:

The officer was arrested and is going to be prosecuted. Why continue protesting? What’s their end game here as they savagely destroy one place after another? And why would you support that from them?

You're incredibly naive if you think this is about just George Floyd and not decades of systemic abuse. It was the spark that exposed what has been festering for a long time.

1 minute ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

The closet was the one next to Taco Bell right? I remember getting shoes there. Anyways my wife knew Chrissy the first year or two of high school and actually had some polaroids she came across of them and some other girls when they were like 15. Said even back then she was a mouthy brat. 

There were two locations. The first one was on the south side of Main and it was so small that it was literally only a rack of clothes on the wall you could walk along side about 15 feet deep. Hence the name “The Closet”. The second store opened up across the street and that looked more like your average hipster/beach retail store.  My memory is fuzzy but I think you’re right and the Taco Bell was right next to the first store. 

Anyway fuck that bitch. 

7 minutes ago, Angels Never Die said:

You're incredibly naive if you think this is about just George Floyd and not decades of systemic abuse. It was the spark that exposed what has been festering for a long time.

Well we’re all impressed. I’m voting for Biden for sure now. 

2 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

There were two locations. The first one was on the south side of Main and it was so small that it was literally only a rack of clothes on the wall you could walk along side about 15 feet deep. Hence the name “The Closet”. The second store opened up across the street and that looked more like your average hipster/beach retail store.  My memory is fuzzy but I think you’re right and the Taco Bell was right next to the first store. 

Anyway fuck that bitch. 

Yeah the tiny one next to Taco Bell was the only one I remember. Now that you mention it my wife remembered the bigger one that opened up across the way.  I saw that there may be a BLM protest tomorrow at noon on Main Street.  If so hopefully it doesn’t turn into a shit show. 

14 minutes ago, Angels Never Die said:

So what do we do with all the remember George Floyd posters the protestors around the country are carrying?
You’re incredibly blind if you think this is the way to fix everything.

1 minute ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Yeah the tiny one next to Taco Bell was the only one I remember. Now that you mention it my wife remembered the bigger one that opened up across the way.  I saw that there may be a BLM protest tomorrow at noon on Main Street.  If so hopefully it doesn’t turn into a shit show. 

Yeesh. A BLM protest might not go well in that town. Hopefully it doesn’t get too out of hand. I want to pick up some saltwater fish from Tong’s on Beach Blvd. and a riot would throw a wrench in that plan. 

Just now, Angels Never Die said:

Policy makers? Police? DA? General neglect by our society? People who deny racism doesn't exist anymore? The 1 percent?

So we agree democrats and the uber rich are the true racist. Also, welfare and public education have not served us well.

1 minute ago, Tank said:

So what do we do with all the remember George Floyd posters the protestors around the country are carrying?
You’re incredibly blind if you think this is the way to fix everything.

So me saying this isn't just about George Floyd is tantamount to me saying it has nothing to do with his death? It's a catalyzing event, he's become a symbol.

Did I say this is the way to fix everything? Nope, I didn't. I'm saying wtf do you expect to happen?