• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

Can't make this up. Seattle City Attorney candidate wins primary and vows to abolish office

Seattle as we know it could soon be destroyed

Nicole Thomas-Kennedy could soon destroy Seattle as we know it.

Thomas-Kennedy is a police and prison abolitionist who wants to dismantle the Seattle City Attorney’s Office. She is a former public defender who says most misdemeanor crimes should not be prosecuted. And given her support for so-called anti-fascists, she’s better labeled the Antifa candidate.

Thomas-Kennedy won the primary for Seattle city attorney, ousting a three-term incumbent who rarely prosecutes crimes. She now faces Ann Davison, a moderate Republican lawyer and arbitrator. 

Thomas-Kennedy may very well be the most extreme, fringe candidate running for office in the entire country. But in Seattle, she seems to fit right in. Even a cursory glance of Thomas-Kennedy’s Twitter feed provides a terrifying look at what drives her activism.

A pinned tweet at the top of her Twitter feed says this: "Despite decades of reform, the criminal punishment system still targets the most marginalized. 

"It's time to dismantle this racist system and build structures of community-led accountability and true public safety."

But wait, there’s more. 

The abolitionist believes property destruction is a "moral imperative" and cheers on Antifa thugs who burn property in riots. Thomas-Kennedy pretends Antifa and Black Lives Matter agitators didn’t commit violence during the notorious "Summer of Love" that created a deadly autonomous zone. She calls police "Nazis" and "oppressors" that must be defunded and abolished. She claims prosecutors "target" marginalized communities. And, of course, she wants to end capitalism and refers to the United States as "Amerikkka."

She’s not the only abolitionist who won her Seattle primary, either.

Local activist, lawyer and police abolitionist Nikkita Oliver beat her pro-business Democrat in the primary for at-large city councilmember. Oliver was a leading organizer during Seattle’s autonomous zone. And while not quite as extreme, current Council President Lorena Gonzalez is in a tight race for mayor. She helped lead the defund movement with promises to cut 50% of the budget while trying to find a legal way to fire White cops for being, well, White. 

While Oliver and Gonalez would help push Seattle further toward the city’s brink, Thomas-Kennedy’s race is much more meaningful. 

The city attorney has prosecutorial discretion and can run the office without much Council interference. If an abolitionist takes over, there is no turning back. Seattle will never recover. For those of us who live and work here, as I do, it’s hard to imagine Seattle further deteriorating. 

The Seattle Police Department has lost 300 officers since last year. That’s roughly a third of its force. Officers are leaving because of ongoing defund activism from the Seattle City Council. Consequently, the city experienced a 26-year-high homicide rate in 2020. The city is on pace to break that record this year. 

And homelessness has never been worse: encampments are everywhere, with the homeless growing increasingly violent. Many of them are repeat offenders who are either rarely prosecuted or never see meaningful jail time.

The latest high-profile incidents involve a homeless mob attacking a young family and a tourist being viciously beaten and robbed in broad daylight. Two arrests reveal the suspects have long criminal histories.

The massive homeless encampment occupies prime real estate along the city’s busiest street with picturesque views of the Space Needle. On July 27, a mob from the encampment attacked a couple and their 2-week-old child with a machete, a large wooden stick, rocks, and other weapons.

The couple went to the encampment to recover items stolen the night before in a car prowl. In Seattle, police are seldom allowed to enter encampments, and they are infrequently used to recover stolen items from break-ins due to critical staffing shortages and more pressing crimes. 

After locating and retrieving their stolen items, the victims retreated to their car as the mob attacked them. Surveillance camera from a nearby business filmed the entire incident. 

https://twitter.com/jasonrantz/status/1428567816479776769?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1428567816479776769|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.foxnews.com%2Fopinion%2Fseattle-city-attorney-candidate-primary-abolish-office-jason-rantz

2 hours ago, Redondo said:

Can't make this up. Seattle City Attorney candidate wins primary and vows to abolish office

Thomas-Kennedy is a police and prison abolitionist who wants to dismantle the Seattle City Attorney’s Office. She is a former public defender who says most misdemeanor crimes should not be prosecuted. And given her support for so-called anti-fascists, she’s better labeled the Antifa candidate.

Thomas-Kennedy won the primary for Seattle city attorney, ousting a three-term incumbent who rarely prosecutes crimes. She now faces Ann Davison, a moderate Republican lawyer and arbitrator. 

Thomas-Kennedy may very well be the most extreme, fringe candidate running for office in the entire country. But in Seattle, she seems to fit right in. Even a cursory glance of Thomas-Kennedy’s Twitter feed provides a terrifying look at what drives her activism.

A pinned tweet at the top of her Twitter feed says this: "Despite decades of reform, the criminal punishment system still targets the most marginalized. 

"It's time to dismantle this racist system and build structures of community-led accountability and true public safety."

But wait, there’s more. 

The abolitionist believes property destruction is a "moral imperative" and cheers on Antifa thugs who burn property in riots. Thomas-Kennedy pretends Antifa and Black Lives Matter agitators didn’t commit violence during the notorious "Summer of Love" that created a deadly autonomous zone. She calls police "Nazis" and "oppressors" that must be defunded and abolished. She claims prosecutors "target" marginalized communities. And, of course, she wants to end capitalism and refers to the United States as "Amerikkka."

Local activist, lawyer and police abolitionist Nikkita Oliver beat her pro-business Democrat in the primary for at-large city councilmember. Oliver was a leading organizer during Seattle’s autonomous zone. And while not quite as extreme, current Council President Lorena Gonzalez is in a tight race for mayor. She helped lead the defund movement with promises to cut 50% of the budget while trying to find a legal way to fire White cops for being, well, White. 

While Oliver and Gonalez would help push Seattle further toward the city’s brink, Thomas-Kennedy’s race is much more meaningful. 

The city attorney has prosecutorial discretion and can run the office without much Council interference. If an abolitionist takes over, there is no turning back. Seattle will never recover. For those of us who live and work here, as I do, it’s hard to imagine Seattle further deteriorating. 

The Seattle Police Department has lost 300 officers since last year. That’s roughly a third of its force. Officers are leaving because of ongoing defund activism from the Seattle City Council. Consequently, the city experienced a 26-year-high homicide rate in 2020. The city is on pace to break that record this year. 

And homelessness has never been worse: encampments are everywhere, with the homeless growing increasingly violent. Many of them are repeat offenders who are either rarely prosecuted or never see meaningful jail time.

The latest high-profile incidents involve a homeless mob attacking a young family and a tourist being viciously beaten and robbed in broad daylight. Two arrests reveal the suspects have long criminal histories.

The massive homeless encampment occupies prime real estate along the city’s busiest street with picturesque views of the Space Needle. On July 27, a mob from the encampment attacked a couple and their 2-week-old child with a machete, a large wooden stick, rocks, and other weapons.

The couple went to the encampment to recover items stolen the night before in a car prowl. In Seattle, police are seldom allowed to enter encampments, and they are infrequently used to recover stolen items from break-ins due to critical staffing shortages and more pressing crimes. 

After locating and retrieving their stolen items, the victims retreated to their car as the mob attacked them. Surveillance camera from a nearby business filmed the entire incident. 

https://twitter.com/jasonrantz/status/1428567816479776769?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1428567816479776769|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.foxnews.com%2Fopinion%2Fseattle-city-attorney-candidate-primary-abolish-office-jason-rantz

@Chuckster70  So what's your thoughts on this?  Hopefully you will vote harder to prevent this from happening.  Because I can tell you for Lol Angeles experience, these police reformist DA's are a trainwreck.  

6 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

@Chuckster70  So what's your thoughts on this?  Hopefully you will vote harder to prevent this from happening.  Because I can tell you for Lol Angeles experience, these police reformist DA's are a trainwreck.  

Another lib city eating itself up from the inside out

4 hours ago, gotbeer said:

We're moving to Tennessee in the next few months. I can do my job remotely now so I'm no longer tied to Washington State. 

I'll miss the riverfront view that I've had since 2005, but I can get a waterfront property with more sq. footage & acres in parts of TN for half of what I can sell my home for here.

I'm done with the left coast and the whacko libs that are running shit over here. 

5 hours ago, Redondo said:

But wait, there’s more. 

another lunatic clown who seems to think that without police around, people will magically become well-behaved and we'll all live in utopia.

chances that after she dismantles this that she'll hire private security for herself: >100%

59 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

We're moving to Tennessee in the next few months. I can do my job remotely now so I'm no longer tied to Washington State. 

I'll miss the riverfront view that I've had since 2005, but I can get a waterfront property with more sq. footage in parts of TN for half of what I can sell my home for here.

I'm done with the left coast and the whacko libs that are running shit over here. 

You and @Make Angels Great Again can hang out.

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'll miss the riverfront view that I've had since 2005, but I can get a waterfront property with more sq. footage in parts of TN for half of what I can sell my home for here.

I know three sets of families that have moved to TN. If I eventually make the move it will be either there or KY. 

You should see about some banjo lessons and adopting a bloodhound named Blue. Which isn't hard because they are all named that in those parts. 

Say What? I'll check in on you

castaway-joke.jpg

2 hours ago, Kotchman said:

Good old Rocky Top

Fell in love with the entire state of TN when we were visiting last month. I loved the surrounding areas of Nashville, Chattanooga and the Smoky Mountains.

We also loved SC, NC and parts of Georgia. But TN is our target. My youngest is now 18 and her boyfriend is going to be a firefighter in 6 months. My wife's sister and all of her nephews, nieces and cousins are there. 

I didn't realize how green and similar it was to WA state in TN. Tons of rivers, lakes, waterfalls. Better weather, 4 seasons. Way less rain. I'd be close to my dad in Texas, son and grandson are thinking of moving there (they're in Laughlin, NV now), my oldest is in Tampa, FL. 

18 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Feel in love with the entire state of TN when we were visiting last month. I loved the surrounding areas of Nashville, Chattanooga and the Smoky Mountains.

We also loved SC, NC and parts of Georgia. But TN is our target. My youngest is now 18 and her boyfriend is going to be a firefighter in 6 months. My wife's sister and all of her nephews, nieces and cousins are there. 

I didn't realize how green and similar it was to WA state in TN. Tons of rivers, lakes, waterfalls. Better weather, 4 seasons. Way less rain. I'd be close to my dad in Texas, son and grandson are thinking of moving there (they're in Laughlin, NV now), my oldest is in Tampa, FL. 

Yes I grew up about an hour from the smokies in nc but Nc is turning blue. Chattanooga is awesome as well. You will have to stay active because the food down south is great. Hope it all works out for you. 

3 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'll miss the riverfront view that I've had since 2005, but I can get a waterfront property with more sq. footage & acres in parts of TN for half of what I can sell my home for here.

I moved to Murfreesboro in March. Kicks ass here. You'll love it, no escape from the rain though. We get a bit more than Seattle over the course of a year.

8 hours ago, Redondo said:

But wait, there’s more. 

I'm in!!!