• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

12 minutes ago, Lou said:

So which white "athletic" QBs were you referring to?

There aren't many. If you look at Josh Allen, he ran the ball a ton in his rookie year but became more of pocket type guy this past season and looked much improved. 

27 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Teams are going to draft players they think are the best fit based on their needs, the type of offense/defense they run, character evaluations and sometimes because a player falls and they feel the value is too good to pass up.  If San Fran takes Jones at 3 it's because that's who they believe is the best available QB suited to run their offense.

Most teams have mediocre QB's at best because there's only so many truly elite QB's in the league at any given time.  Elite QB's use a combination of physical skills and decision making ability to avoid making poor choices.  Jameis Winston led the NFL in passing yards in 2019 but he also turned the ball over 33 times and landed a backup role in 2020.  Perhaps a year sitting behind Brees will help him in 2021 but for him it's not an issue of being able to make throws it's knowing when to throw it away, to put the ball somewhere only his receiver has a chance to catch it and how to make adjustments at the line based on the defense.

True and as a Washington fan I can say that teams suck at evaluating talent at the QB position. 

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

There aren't many. If you look at Josh Allen, he ran the ball a ton in his rookie year but became more of pocket type guy this past season and looked much improved. 

Allen was always a pro-style qb. He was never in the same class as athletic qb's.

I don't think it's that teams necessarily suck it's just damn near impossible to predict how some guys will respond at the pro level.  There's plenty of guys that have all the physical tools to compete but they don't have what it takes mentally whether it's decision making or the drive to succeed.  Experts in any field are experts because that's their obsession and you can say the same thing about the top athletes in the world - they watch a ton of game film, get in early, leave late and so on.  The wonderlic test is just one tool to evaluate players but over the years it's been shown that guys who score really low aren't guaranteed to fail in the NFL.  Some teams and in particular GM's and coaches definitely aren't great talent evaluators and we've seen that great players don't always make good owners, coaches or GM's.  

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

Allen was always a pro-style qb. He was never in the same class as athletic qb's.

Yeah the knock on Allen coming out was that he played at a small school which was the same knock on Wentz and now Lance.  The question with guys coming from small schools isn't their level of talent it's more about the level of talent they played against.  NFL teams don't usually have those concerns about guys coming out of say the SEC in recent years.

1 minute ago, Lou said:

Correct. He has the athleticism to run read options and other designed run plays for him but he's a QB first and foremost. That is my point with all of this. These black QBs do not fall in the draft because they are black like Kellerman suggests but rather because they do not have the other intangibles that make a QB great. Teams with mediocre QBs do not often win championships. If a team signs a QB because he's black to make woke people feel better then they are stupid and deserve to lose.

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Correct. He has the athleticism to run read options and other designed run plays for him but he's a QB first and foremost. That is my point with all of this. These black QBs do not fall in the draft because they are black like Kellerman suggests but rather because they do not have the other intangibles that make a QB great. Teams with mediocre QBs do not often win championships. If a team signs a QB because he's black to make woke people feel better then they are stupid and deserve to lose.

Ok, so now you're saying "black" and not "athletic".

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

I can't stand to watch that show because I hate Stephen A Smith but Jalen Rose's wife is hot as fuck. 

1 minute ago, Lou said:

Ok, so now you're saying "black" and not "athletic".

No. The article about Kellerman thinking these guys lose draft stock because they are black is ridiculous. I'm suggesting that athletic ability should be further down on the list from where some teams put it when evaluating a QB