• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

1 hour ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

The problem with that is that I'd bet a majority of people in those areas don't support abolishing police they're just less vocal about it for multiple reasons.  The moment you pull law enforcement out of an area it will start to look like take your pick of areas around the world that are run by gangs.  It's a no win situation when we've got people saying "why did you have to shoot ____" when that person is wielding a knife and trying to stab someone else.  In one of the articles posted they had to explain why cops shoot center mass.  Too many people seem to think real life is like a movie where some cop who's a top shot wings a suspect who goes down in agony and that's the end of it.  In real life even someone who is shot center mass and eventually dies might keep going for their target for a minute. 

There was a transient man some years back with drug/addiction problems who was at a local sports complex chasing people with a broken bottle and a bat.  The cops arrived, he didn't listen to their instructions and they had to respond with force.  The guys mom who had a restraining order out against him tried suing the city for $20M claiming that the story regarding his actions couldn't be true because that didn't sound like him.  Thankfully a judge threw the case out before it even went to trial.  As long as people look for pay days and swear that their baby wouldn't do what they did nothing will change.  Kind of like how if enough people in communities don't want to make their community a better place no amount of money or outside intervention will fix what's going on. 

Good and then this whole defund and abolish the police rhetoric will be ignored and become a thing of the past. 

3 minutes ago, cals said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/alternate-juror-chauvin-trial-testimony-120600875.html

"I was worried about, you know, whatever the verdict may be if some people felt strongly on one side, other people felt strongly on the other side. So no matter what, I felt like somebody wasn't going to be happy," Christensen told CBS News' Jamie Yuccas.

You people still don't think these jurors knew America would burn if there was a non guilty verdict?

Of course they did unless they were living under a rock for all of 2020. I'm sure they were shut down in their homes like the rest of us and watched plenty news shows and saw what was happening around the country. I think the fact they convicted him on all three of the charges leads me to believe that fear of more violence and possibly their own safety played a part in that decision. 

7 minutes ago, cals said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/alternate-juror-chauvin-trial-testimony-120600875.html

"I was worried about, you know, whatever the verdict may be if some people felt strongly on one side, other people felt strongly on the other side. So no matter what, I felt like somebody wasn't going to be happy," Christensen told CBS News' Jamie Yuccas.

You people still don't think these jurors knew America would burn if there was a non guilty verdict?

I am sure everyone believes it was on their minds.  Going through the jury pool I would have said if I don't convict it will burn trying to get disqualified, only to find that got me selected.  

12 hours ago, Tank said:

they're the loudest voice in the room right now, so yeah. they're the ones getting all the attention and pushing an idiotic agenda, and it keeps getting public attention because of social media. these MFers got a public discussion going on canceling mr. potato head, for crying outloud. 

We live in a clown world 

1 minute ago, Redondo said:

Virginia moving to eliminate all accelerated math courses before 11th grade as part of equity-focused plan

Making school easier is not the answer

We will fall even farther behind other countries

Young adults need to be challenged to think and to prepare for college

What are they replacing the courses with? A lot of that shit is completely useless at a certain point. 

2 hours ago, Redondo said:

Virginia moving to eliminate all accelerated math courses before 11th grade as part of equity-focused plan

Making school easier is not the answer

We will fall even farther behind other countries

Young adults need to be challenged to think and to prepare for college

That's just retarded.  

Have a drive to learn and succeed?  Tough.  Get back in line with the rest of them.  

NY Times' Krugman suggests GOP imagined rioters who looted cities

"In reality, given that GOP supporters believe that rampaging mobs burned and looted major cities — somehow without the people actually living in those cities noticing — getting them to see facts about something as abstract as the deficit is a hopeless cause," Krugman added. 

"The idea that our big cities were under threat is pure malevolent fantasy; BLM may have been the best-behaved protest movement in history," the columnist tweeted.

Krugman, however, ignored the 18 deaths and nearly $2 billion in property damage in cities across the country that resulted from the unrest. 

40 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

So the feds can find out the Columbus officer was a hero for saving someone's life? That will go over really well with BLM

On 4/21/2021 at 7:53 PM, Jason said:

Are we supposed to actually take these people seriously?

Ohio girl, 13, stabbed to death, and another 13-year-old girl is charged with her murder (msn.com)

I guess they were right, teens have been having knife fights for eons and cops aren't needed to police their communities. Has BLM or Lebron raised any concerns or outrage over this yet?

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

Ohio girl, 13, stabbed to death, and another 13-year-old girl is charged with her murder (msn.com)

I guess they were right, teens have been having knife fights for eons and cops aren't needed to police their communities. Has BLM or Lebron raised any concerns or outrage over this yet?

As long as a gun wasn't used, nobody gives a fuck.