• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Many on the left cannot accept that the majority of Americans hate this rioting stuff and it will help Trump because he'll actually condemn it. 

Many on the right cannot accept that the majority of Americans hate this systemic racism stuff and it will hurt Trump because he'll go all "law and order" again, which didn't help him last time.

If you're more upset about the rioting than the police shooting, you need to ask yourself why. As @Adam pointed out in the wake of George Floyd, if you knew that your people were being unfairly targeted and murdered by police, you'd be tempted to commit acts of violence, too. 

Should i talk with one that is a law abiding citizen or a turd like this dude in Wisconsin? 

I didn't realize you knew this "turd in Wisconsin." Tell me all about how he was a subhuman who deserved to be shot in the back at close range.

Just now, calscuf said:

I’ll say this one more time:  systemic racism does not exist.   

That’s the truth and that’s what the “majority of Americans” believe.

It's actually not the truth, and you're completely wrong and ignorant on this issue, and you haven't done your research.

But you're right that the majority of Americans are ignorant about systemic racism. It's more Trump's "law and order" persona that doesn't seem to resonate with a majority of Americans.

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

It's actually not the truth, and you're completely wrong and ignorant on this issue, and you haven't done your research.

But you're right that the majority of Americans are ignorant about systemic racism. It's more Trump's "law and order" persona that doesn't seem to resonate with a majority of Americans.

I think this is the part of Trump that will actually help him in November. Perceived racism doesn't mean that it is a fact. The issues we have in our justice system are not simply narrowed down to racism. 

12 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I didn't realize you knew this "turd in Wisconsin." Tell me all about how he was a subhuman who deserved to be shot in the back at close range.

Domestic abuser and sex offender qualifies him as a turd. I stated in a post above that alone doesn't justify a shooting but that type of person would not be missed. 

I think this is the part of Trump that will actually help him in November. Perceived racism doesn't mean that it is a fact. The issues we have in our justice system are not simply narrowed down to racism. 

Of course racism isn't the only problem in our criminal justice system, but it is a big problem. As a white person, it's not my place to say whether or not "perceived racism" exists. It's my job to listen to the voices of the people who have experienced racism, and to study the research of sociologists and other experts who have written about the realities of systemic racism.

15 minutes ago, Taylor said:

If you're more upset about the rioting than the police shooting, you need to ask yourself why. As @Adam pointed out in the wake of George Floyd, if you knew that your people were being unfairly targeted and murdered by police, you'd be tempted to commit acts of violence, too. 

If you want to make a case about abuse of authority within our police forces then fine but It's not because of race. I think cops shoot too many unarmed white dudes too. 

Domestic abuser and sex offender qualifies him as a turd. I stated in a post above that alone doesn't justify a shooting but that type of person would not be missed. 

Where are you seeing this info? Not questioning it, I just haven't seen this reported.

1 minute ago, calscuf said:

Give me examples of “systemic” or “institutional” racism in America.

Here's one: although white people and black people use drugs at the same rate, 75% percent of people in prison for drug convictions are black.

That's just the tip of the iceberg on this stuff. I recommend this book: https://www.amazon.com/New-Jim-Crow-Incarceration-Colorblindness/dp/1595586431

You won't read it, or care, but perhaps someone else here will see it and be interested.

1 minute ago, calscuf said:

Ok, now run the numbers for blacks and whites at the same socioeconomic level and try to say it’s racist.  Those numbers are about being poor and lacking access to good legal representation.  Are rich blacks being incarcerated at a higher rate than rich whites for drug crimes?  I doubt it.

Fully agree. Money talks when it comes to our justice system. 

Just now, calscuf said:

Ok, now run the numbers for blacks and whites at the same socioeconomic level and try to say it’s racist.  Those numbers are about being poor and lacking access to good legal representation.  Are rich blacks being incarcerated at a higher rate than rich whites for drug crimes?  I doubt it.

Poor white people use drugs at the same rate as poor black people. Yes, socioeconomic levels play a role, but that doesn't cancel out the factor of race. Why are you so adamant against race being a factor in injustice? Do you think it makes lawyers look bad or something? You have nothing to lose by admitting that race is a factor.

I'm not going to convince you in this forum, and you're not going to convince me. If you have a book recommendation, let me know.

Just now, Taylor said:

Poor white people use drugs at the same rate as poor black people. Yes, socioeconomic levels play a role, but that doesn't cancel out the factor of race. Why are you so adamant against race being a factor in injustice? Do you think it makes lawyers look bad or something? You have nothing to lose by admitting that race is a factor.

I'm not going to convince you in this forum, and you're not going to convince me. If you have a book recommendation, let me know.

Green Eggs and Ham but this is more about dating a person of a different race. 

I have yet to see where Taylor has provided any information regarding arrests between the White and Black community's in regards to drug usage and the severity of those crimes and how that affects sentencing. He threw out a number with no contextual information and you all started arguing a premise made up of nothing. 

1 hour ago, calscuf said:

How do you know it’s not all socioeconomic?  Is there evidence it’s not?

I’m only adamant because it’s the truth and I will argue for the truth.  Furthermore, as long as there are people like you who are perpetuating these falsehoods, black people will continue to believe them, which has to be terrible for their psyches on an individual level and it allows black people as a group to continue to find blame for their lack of success in life on a system stacked against them, rather than anything they did or didn’t do.  

36 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I have yet to see where Taylor has provided any information regarding arrests between the White and Black community's in regards to drug usage and the severity of those crimes and how that affects sentencing. He threw out a number with no contextual information and you all started arguing a premise made up of nothing. 

Smarter people than me have analyzed decades worth of data, and I tend to believe them. I've been doing a lot of research on this topic in the past few months. Have you done any research? I'm not trying to be like flop ("I have the evidence, I'm just not going to show you"), I just don't want to get into an argument here because neither of us is likely to convince the other of something that is so politically charged.