• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

4 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t think you should get fired up.  All of this is awful and I’m sorry for your troubles.  Truly I am.  That certain people here would cheer along these fucking goons abducting people.  That’s something.  These people were doing graffiti.  They aren’t threats to state security.  Even the protestors throwing shit.  Sorry.  You signed up to the be cop.  You have to deal with angry uppity people.  Thats the fucking job.

and @Tank that many places around the country are experiencing turmoil is a result of the absolute disaster of governance in this country.  Miserable failure to confront the pandemic.  Miserable failure for decades to confront police brutality.  Imagine for 1 fucking second what you right wingers would be screaming about if masked unidentified federal agents were throwing those fuckers that were trying break into the Michigan state house a few months ago into cars and speeding off.  This kind of shit is the tyranny you people are always swearing up and down is happening.  Except it’s not because of mask ordinance or a pandemic related nail salon closure.  It’s literally state thugs kidnapping people on the street.  I don’t give a shit if the protests go on for another 50 weeks.  That kind of garbage is fucked.  

I’m not sure why you see this as a graffiti issue when there’s significant evidence of them setting buildings on fire, assaulting innocent people in cars, and all the other things they’ve done and continue to do. And no doubt I won’t change your mind. 

our constitutional right to peaceably assemble and demonstrate is a very big deal. But that is t what’s going on in Portland, and at some point a civilized society has to draw the line. And I would feel the same way if the protestors in Michigan had done the same kind of destruction as we’ve seen in Portland, make no mistake about it.

the racist policies and practices that have been used should have ended decades ago. The random police stops of black people should have ended decades ago. The anger and frustration for blacks is easy to understand because it’s been building for decades, and I hope good and positive changes happen where they need to as a result of what’s going on right now (and I’m not talking about changing logos on food products or minor things like that). But it’s a two-sided coin, and there needs to be behavioral changes on both sides in this issue. 

this is a time when the voice at the top should be working to calm things down. Sadly, that isn’t the voice we have. You have a chance to do something about it in November.

5 hours ago, Redondo said:

"I said," Newsome told the host, "if this country doesn't give us what we want, then we will burn down this system and replace it. All right? And I could be speaking ... figuratively. I could be speaking literally. It's a matter of interpretation.

"Let's observe the history of the 1960s, when black people were rioting," he went on. "We had the highest growth in wealth, in property ownership. Think about the last few weeks since we started protesting. There have been eight cops fired across the country."

"I don't condone nor do I condemn rioting," Newsome added. "But I'm just telling you what I observed."

https://reason.com/2020/07/20/feds-send-outside-agitators-to-escalate-conflict-in-portland/

According to an internal Homeland Security memo, "federal agents facing backlash for their militarized approach to Portland were not specifically trained in riot control or mass demonstrations," The New York Times reports.

That doesn't bode well for the idea that they were sent in with mitigation in mind.

8 hours ago, calscuf said:

While I totally agree with Adam Corolla, after watching that video and a couple of others of his on YouTube, apparently YouTube now thinks I’m a right wing nut.  Scanning from left to right: Joe Rogan on the dangers of Veganism, “Angry Liberals Can’t Defend Their Candidates”, “The Truth About Coronavirus” (which appears to be a hoax video), Kayleigh McEnany Destroys Chicago Mayor!” and then one about cooking a brisket.

Next thing you know you’ll be watching gun review videos

9 hours ago, calscuf said:

While I totally agree with Adam Corolla, after watching that video and a couple of others of his on YouTube, apparently YouTube now thinks I’m a right wing nut.  Scanning from left to right: Joe Rogan on the dangers of Veganism, “Angry Liberals Can’t Defend Their Candidates”, “The Truth About Coronavirus” (which appears to be a hoax video), Kayleigh McEnany Destroys Chicago Mayor!” and then one about cooking a brisket.

So, how was the brisket?

2 minutes ago, calscuf said:

It’s really more that there a couple things the right is correct about.  Practical views on the causes and possible solutions of the problems in the black community is one.  Delicious bbq is the other.

Those would be my two pros on my pros and cons list as well.

9 minutes ago, Adam said:

Are there really a bunch of people calling on some mythical libertarian army to come to their defense from oppressors though they have uncommon goals?

Also, if that army does exist, I'd like to enlist them in my fight against Spectrum cable. Are they averse to long hold times and multiple transfers to a disjointed group of Spectrum State Agents. This is indeed a common enemy and I believe we likely have a set of beliefs that aligns closely.

12 minutes ago, fishbulb said:

Are there really a bunch of people calling on some mythical libertarian army to come to their defense from oppressors though they have uncommon goals?

Also, if that army does exist, I'd like to enlist them in my fight against Spectrum cable. Are they averse to long hold times and multiple transfers to a disjointed group of Spectrum State Agents. This is indeed a common enemy and I believe we likely have a set of beliefs that aligns closely.

Libertarian twitter is a cesspool. You got Republican libertarians, An-Cap libertarians, Left-Libertarians, Nohm Chomsky libertarians, and on and on. Then within all of the subgroups you've got different factions and caucuses. It is really bizarre. 

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Libertarian twitter is a cesspool. You got Republican libertarians, An-Cap libertarians, Left-Libertarians, Nohm Chomsky libertarians, and on and on. Then within all of the subgroups you've got different factions and caucuses. It is really bizarre. 

Twitter is a cesspool in general.