• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

Attorney General William Barr, in an event announcing the enhanced presence of federal agents in cities to quell unrest, noted that the leading cause of death in young Black males is homicide.

“The principal danger to the lives of our inner-city communities is violent crime,” Barr said Wednesday. “The leading cause of death for young Black males is homicide... Every one of those lives matter."

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), homicide is the leading cause of death in non-Hispanic Black males aged 1-44.

Homicide is the cause of 35.2 percent of deaths in Black males aged 1-19, and 28.9 percent of Black males aged 20-44. The next leading cause is unintentional injuries, followed by suicide for the younger age group and heart disease for the latter.

Can one of the wokesters on the board let me know what justice for Breonna Taylor looks like?  I understood that the cops had a no knock warrant, and the boyfriend shot at the cops because he thought their home was being intruded, and that she died in the crossfire.  I don't know what the cops did that was illegal, seems to me like the issue should be with the warrant (which they made a law to ban no knock warrants) and not the cops, but maybe I'm just not woke enough.

50 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

Can one of the wokesters on the board let me know what justice for Breonna Taylor looks like?  I understood that the cops had a no knock warrant, and the boyfriend shot at the cops because he thought their home was being intruded, and that she died in the crossfire.  I don't know what the cops did that was illegal, seems to me like the issue should be with the warrant (which they made a law to ban no knock warrants) and not the cops, but maybe I'm just not woke enough.

I’m pretty sure killing people in their home is illegal so there’s that 

6 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

I’m pretty sure killing people in their home is illegal so there’s that 

Didn't they have a warrant to enter the house, then the boyfriend shot first so the officers returned fire?

2 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

Didn't they have a warrant to enter the house, then the boyfriend shot first so the officers returned fire?

Was she named in the warrant? How many shots did she fire? You’re saying it’s ok to accidentally kill bystanders because you have a warrant?

1 minute ago, arch stanton said:

Was she named in the warrant? How many shots did she fire? You’re saying it’s ok to accidentally kill bystanders because you have a warrant?

Good point, I guess the officers should left while being shot at and said "our bad"

1 minute ago, m0nkey said:

Good point, I guess the officers should left while being shot at and said "our bad"

Or just not bust into someone’s house unannounced and expect everything would be hunkyfuckingdory. If she was my daughter I’d hunt down the cops and shoot them myself.  Then find the house of the judge who signed the warrant and shoot some random person who was in the house 

8 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Or just not bust into someone’s house unannounced and expect everything would be hunkyfuckingdory. 

Don't know if they expected everything to be hunkyfuckingdory.  But sounds like the issue is the warrant and the judge giving it in the first place then.

20 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

15 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

13 minutes ago, m0nkey said:

Hey @m0nkey, do you have any info on how that warrant was obtained and any issues with it? Any info on the detective that obtained it?

If yes, c'mon man. If no, give it a Googs.

1 hour ago, m0nkey said:

Agreed and no knock warrants a re a terrible idea. Also, why the hell is a baseball franchise chiming in on something like this? That's all we need is more politics intertwined with sports. 

Edited by Jason

34 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

I don't think @m0nkey is saying that, Cathy Newman.

I took it as "They have a no knock warrant, there was a dangerous dude in the house, and because of that an unfortunate thing happened." If that warrant wasn't given then this person would be alive.

Have you ever known soldiers that have unfortunately killed civilians that get caught in crossfire in war? If so, have you confronted them and told them how big of a piece of shit they are and that they don't deserve to live?

I think the Breonna Taylor incident is more indicative of bad policing and practices as opposed to a willful criminal act. There could be evidence and that proves me wrong though. Unlike the Rays and Twitter users, I don't have detailed, inside knowledge of the case. 

Edited by Jason

10 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I don't think @m0nkey is saying that, Cathy Newman.

I took it as "They have a no knock warrant, there was a dangerous dude in the house, and because of that an unfortunate thing happened." If that warrant wasn't given then this person would be alive.

Have you ever known soldiers that have unfortunately killed civilians that get caught in crossfire in war? If so, have you confronted them and told them how big of a piece of shit they are and that they don't deserve to live?

So the cops just asked for a regular warrant but the judge was feeling frisky that day? Cop or not. Warrant or not. Someone busting into your house unannounced is a burglar and the dude did what any good ole boy would do. I don’t believe for a second that they didn’t expect to exchange gunfire 

3 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

So the cops just asked for a regular warrant but the judge was feeling frisky that day? Cop or not. Warrant or not. Someone busting into your house unannounced is a burglar and the dude did what any good ole boy would do. I don’t believe for a second that they didn’t expect to exchange gunfire 

What charge would you arrest them with?