• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

Trump backer gets town to erase BLM mural with simple request

Redwood City in San Francisco’s Bay Area quietly scrubbed away its Black Lives Matter mural from a city street after a resident asked to paint a similar “MAGA 2020” on the same road, according to a local news report.

Redwood City resident Dan Pease received permission from city officials to paint “Black Lives Matter” on Broadway Street as part of a Fourth of July public art celebration, according to KPIX 5. City officials even supplied him with the yellow poster paint to make the mural.

“Because we were using the poster board paint that would eventually deteriorate over time, my understanding from them was that the mural would last as long as the paint lasted,” Pease explained, the outlet said.

Then, local real estate attorney Maria Rutenberg, who reasoned that the street was now a public forum, asked the city if she could paint her own “MAGA 2020” sign on the same street.

“I saw 'Black Lives Matter' sign appearing on Broadway Street on the asphalt and I figured that’s gonna be a new public space, open for discussion, and I wanted to get my message out, too,” Rutenburg said.

The city did not respond but promptly removed the Black Lives Matter mural, the news outlet said. They said the sign was a traffic hazard and might cause accidents.

Pease said he doesn’t believe “Black Lives Matter” to be a political statement but understands the position the city was in, according to KPIX 5.

1 hour ago, Redondo said:

Trump backer gets town to erase BLM mural with simple request

Redwood City in San Francisco’s Bay Area quietly scrubbed away its Black Lives Matter mural from a city street after a resident asked to paint a similar “MAGA 2020” on the same road, according to a local news report.

Redwood City resident Dan Pease received permission from city officials to paint “Black Lives Matter” on Broadway Street as part of a Fourth of July public art celebration, according to KPIX 5. City officials even supplied him with the yellow poster paint to make the mural.

“Because we were using the poster board paint that would eventually deteriorate over time, my understanding from them was that the mural would last as long as the paint lasted,” Pease explained, the outlet said.

Then, local real estate attorney Maria Rutenberg, who reasoned that the street was now a public forum, asked the city if she could paint her own “MAGA 2020” sign on the same street.

“I saw 'Black Lives Matter' sign appearing on Broadway Street on the asphalt and I figured that’s gonna be a new public space, open for discussion, and I wanted to get my message out, too,” Rutenburg said.

The city did not respond but promptly removed the Black Lives Matter mural, the news outlet said. They said the sign was a traffic hazard and might cause accidents.

Pease said he doesn’t believe “Black Lives Matter” to be a political statement but understands the position the city was in, according to KPIX 5.

We do need to MAGA 2020 after these 4 years. I would have let her do it and given her blue paint

Federal officers in Portland may have been permanently blinded by lasers, officials say

At least three federal officers in Portland may not recover their vision after earlier this week demonstrators, who have shown up in crowds of over 1,000 for more than 50 consecutive nights, shined lasers in their eyes and threw fireworks at a federal courthouse, officials said.

During Monday night's confrontation, one person also threatened to cut off the water supply to federal officers inside the building.

Federal Protective Service (FPS) Deputy Director of Operations Richard “Kriss” Cline said at a press conference on Tuesday that a crowd of more than 1,000 “rioters” surrounded the Hatfield Federal Courthouse and began removing plywood coverings before attempting to throw objects – some of them incendiary – through the windows at federal officers inside.

They also vandalized the building with spray paint, blocked adjacent intersections and set several fires.

“When officers responded to put out these fires, glass bottles were thrown and lasers – which can cause permanent blindness – were shined in their eyes,” Cline said. “We have three officers who currently have eye injuries and they may not recover sight in those eyes from those laser attacks.”

A Black Lives Matter protester burns an American flag outside the Mark O. Hatfield United States Courthouse on Monday, July 20, 2020, in Portland, Ore.  (AP Photo/Noah Berger)

A Black Lives Matter protester burns an American flag outside the Mark O. Hatfield United States Courthouse on Monday, July 20, 2020, in Portland, Ore.

14 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

https://www.whio.com/news/crime-and-law/sheriffs-office-investigating-social-media-post-showing-man-kneeling-childs-neck/7GREMQGUZNC6DBZAFQCVDVZXKI/

So in this guy's mind its OK to kneel on a 2 year old's neck since it's white. 

Hysteria is great, isn't it guys?

Contributed photo, provided to News Center 7

Yeah I mean, this is a piece of shit.

Black athletes make a lot of money endorsing products produced through slave labor. Human Trafficking and sex slavery are a world wide industries. None of these ass hats speak of real ongoing injustices. Instead Blm loots and destroys to honor fallen thugs. Willing to bet not one athlete will wear a message that addresses modern day slavery. I get tired of seeing a bunch of spoiled Americans bashing this country. Without America most of these athletes would still be in Africa carrying a damn spear and eagerly awaiting the next shipment of USA wheat

5 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

Black athletes make a lot of money endorsing products produced through slave labor. Human Trafficking and sex slavery is a world wide industry. None of these ass hats speak of real ongoing injustices. Instead Blm loots and destroys to honor fallen thugs. Willing to bet not one athlete will wear a message that addresses modern day slavery. I get tired of seeing a bunch of spoiled Americans bashing this country. Without America most of these athletes would still be in Africa carrying a damn spear and eagerly awaiting the next shipment of USA wheat

Looks like Cals has his spirit back

15 hours ago, Redondo said:

cons don't like this mayor because he won't take action against antifa. antifa doesn't like this mayor because, well, they're antifa, even though he's down there with them and in complete denial that they've brought this on themselves.