• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

10 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Sounds like Portland is a circus right now. Time to put an end to this. 

I think it will be interesting the look back and see what the common factors were in the areas that were hit hardest by protests. Seattle, Portland and New York being the three worst, it's tempting to draw a conclusion but we didn't really see this in San Francisco or California in general.

4 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I think it will be interesting the look back and see what the common factors were in the areas that were hit hardest by protests. Seattle, Portland and New York being the three worst, it's tempting to draw a conclusion but we didn't really see this in San Francisco or California in general.

It's strange that SF didn't have more issues 

1 minute ago, Redondo said:

It's strange that SF didn't have more issues 

I think SF has a different set of liberals. Portland and Seattle are just filled with lazy white kids who don't want to get a job while SF is filled with hardworking gays and black homeless people. 

So basically the problem is white people. 

9 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

We wait until the Lakers win a championship

3 minutes ago, calscuf said:

I use my brain.  I’m not going to blindly support stupidity because others in my section of the political spectrum are doing it.  BLM is nonsense.  Metoo was justified but went waaaaay too far. I support all gay rights.  And everyone hates Mexicans so don’t just point a finger at me.

I don't like BLM the "movement" but I support the message 100% and think anyone who doesn't is a racist fucknugget.

I think that “BLM” correctly identifies issues but many of the activists fixate on pointless gestures that don’t address those issues.  And often are outright counterproductive.  Now I’m seeing stupid shit about basically corporate endorsement.  Completely co opted at that point.  Worthless. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

6 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think that “BLM” correctly identifies issues but many of the activists fixate on pointless gestures that don’t address those issues.  And often are outright counterproductive.  Now I’m seeing stupid shit about basically corporate endorsement.  Completely co opted at that point.  Worthless. 

Any movement that gains momentum will be hijacked and turned into shit. Along these lines I’m thinking of forming an anti-movement movement that I hope lasts just long enough for me to sell some t-shirts and hats and maybe get a nice gofundme page working 

I'm still wondering about Antifa. Seems like a huge Boogeyman to me but then again I never supported their "actions". 

It's just funny that a group that literally stands for "Anti-fascism" has become this big bad enemy of the right. But if they are causing all these problems then I think it's become far more than just punching Nazis and throwing milkshakes at Asian Niggos.

12 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I'm still wondering about Antifa. Seems like a huge Boogeyman to me but then again I never supported their "actions". 

It's just funny that a group that literally stands for "Anti-fascism" has become this big bad enemy of the right. But if they are causing all these problems then I think it's become far more than just punching Nazis and throwing milkshakes at Asian Niggos.

The problem is the SJW component that thinks everyone that doesn't agree with them is a Nazi.

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

The problem is the SJW component that thinks everyone that doesn't agree with them is a Nazi.

True, but what about the righty component that thinks everyone that doesn't agree with them is a commie?

Both SIDESSSSSZZ

Just now, tdawg87 said:

True, but what about the righty component that thinks everyone that doesn't agree with them is a commie?

Both SIDESSSSSZZ

I don't see it on the right. They don't care if you wear a mask or not, if you make a gay wedding cake or not, if you vaccinate you kid or not, etc. They just demand to be granted the right to do the stupidest shit.

13 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

It’s a laughable boogie man.  For a while there it seemed like everyday there was some breathless report about busloads of antifa coming to burn some town down.  You probably saw the clips of these ridiculous towns all turning out to confront the antifa ! At least one place, I don’t remember where literally cut down trees to block the roads into town.  Of course the antifa bus never shows up.  Anywhere.  Anyway that can brushed off because they all came to Main Street to confront them !! So the antifa supersoldiers got scared off.  So on and so on. 

obviously there’s some “antifa” activity and it does involve property damage.  Sometimes more serious assault type stuff.  But the hysterics is ridiculous.  Basically everything is pinned on “antifa”.  The worst thing I’ve seen in these protests are the people in Oakland that were apparently pulling random people out of their cars.  Horrifying.  As far as I know, those were just rioters.  Not any kind of politically minded group.  Or even a group at all.  Just extremely fucked up rioters.  Anyway antifa is a great boogie man for these right wing pundits and social media people.  They wear black masks and carry around anarchist and revolutionary Marxist flags and shit.  It’s fucking easy for them. 

9 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I don't see it on the right. They don't care if you wear a mask or not, if you make a gay wedding cake or not, if you vaccinate you kid or not, etc. They just demand to be granted the right to do the stupidest shit.

There’s definitely an authoritarian element to the  American right imo.  I don’t think Adam style libertarians are anywhere close to a dominant block on the right today. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

There’s definitely an authoritarian element to the  American right imo.  I don’t think Adam style libertarians are anywhere close to a dominant block on the right today. 

Authoritarian? Meh... but I think that speaks more to Trumps ego than our national politics. Xenophobic white nationalism I will give you. A general apathy towards human suffering I will give you as well. This isn't a political problem though, this is just a group of white males who aren't getting laid.

6 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Authoritarian? Meh... but I think that speaks more to Trumps ego than our national politics. Xenophobic white nationalism I will give you. A general apathy towards human suffering I will give you as well. This isn't a political problem though, this is just a group of white males who aren't getting laid.

I just don’t know what else to call the Tom Cottons and Dan Crenshaws.  That’s the current trend it seems to me.  Cotton was literally calling for the army being turned out into the streets.  From my perspective it seems like the GOP is interested in civil liberties only so far as it directly furthers their money grabbing and social conservative agenda. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

I just don’t know what else to call the Tom Cottons and Dan Crenshaws.  That’s the current trend it seems to me.  Cotton was literally calling for the army being turned out into the streets.  From my perspective it seems like the GOP is interested in civil liberties only so far as it directly furthers their money grabbing and social conservative agenda. 

When the left starts rioting the right starts loading their guns. There will always be an authoritarian component to the right because they have more invested in the status quo. Now I see your point but I don't really have any concerns about the right's authoritarian streak because I think this country is, in general a very good place where the status quo isn't the worst thing to defend. The left, on the other hand, will obviously disagree and with far less invested they are far more dangerous.

2 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Boogeymen are necessary components in proper grandstanding. We need a "them" to justify you becoming a part of "us". Since the breakup of the USSR it's been Noriega, Escobar, Saddam, Qadafi, al Qaeda, ISIS, MS 13, Antifa and the old reliables Iran and North Korea. I've never actually moved on from Russia, China, or the fucking Red Sox