• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Protests and Riots Thread

31 minutes ago, Brandon said:

That's amazing. I guess when they get spammed the good ones get overlooked.

@mymerlincat posted it first but that one is a gem. If it only takes a tear gas canister to the face to quell a riot, then this might not be as big of threat as I thought it was lol. 

Washington Post editor says Texas Rangers name 'must go,' gets slammed by critics

Karen Attiah argued that the team name 'is not so far off from being called the Texas Klansmen'

On the heels of the Washington Redskins retiring its name and mascot amid pressure from critics and corporate sponsors, an op-ed written by Attiah made the case that "to know the full history of the Texas Rangers is to understand that the team’s name is not so far off from being called the Texas Klansmen."

Growing up in Dallas, Attiah recalled going to Rangers games with her father as a child, but not realizing at the time that the Rangers "were a cruel, racist force when it came to the nonwhites who inhabited the beautiful and untamed Texas territory."

"The Rangers oppressed black people, helping capture runaway slaves trying to escape to Mexico; in the aftermath of the Civil War, they killed free blacks with impunity," Attiah wrote. "In the early 20th century, Rangers played a key role in some of the worst episodes of racial violence in American history along the Texas-Mexico border. Mexicans were run out of their homes and subject to mass lynchings and shootings. The killings got so out of control that the federal government threatened to intervene."

The opinion editor warned that "Ranger racism" spanned decades, writing how Rangers "would be called on to protect white supremacy into the 1960s" and were "deployed to prevent school integration."

washington-post-karen-attiah-texas-rangers-must-go

Gang member turned activist says Trump has done what Obama did not

Gang member turned activist says Trump has done what Obama did not

On the latest episode of Fox Nation's "Isaiah Washington: Kitchen Talk," the former "Grey's Anatomy" star caught up with Instagram personality and community activist Larry Henry, known to his followers as KingFace, to discuss his tumultuous past and how it led to his support of President Trump.

" I mean, he comes from the same surroundings as me," Henry said of Trump. "I think he's like the people. I think he is the people ... I think he understands the people."

Henry said Trump's past, which forced him to navigate everyday "human being situations," makes him relatable to the public, and inspires citizens of all backgrounds to dream big.

"Obama made Black people feel like they could become president. When Donald Trump became president, it made the whole world feel like they could become president."

"He comes from Queens, New York. He made mistakes, like he's cheated ... you know, he lived a certain lifestyle and he was able to become president," Henry said.

"I did the same thing. I've cheated. I've did things. I've done bad things. So ... when you look at a country where everybody wants to be politically correct ... the fact that he's going through regular human being situations and able to overcome it and be the president of the United States, I think that's admirable.

Washington opened up about his own decision to leave the Democratic party in an earlier Fox Nation interview, in which he blamed Democrats for "not doing enough" and pointed to their lack of action in the Black community as an example.

"I'm going to support the policy over the person," he said at the time.